Chapter 9 Not a Quiet Year.

Flames fly by hitting their target right on the mark.

"Good job kid, you've really improved." Serifina said.

"All Thanks to you." I replied

" true." She said with a smirk

I laughed while I went and sat down on top of some desks in the back.

"So how's the year so far?" Serifina asked

"Well let's see, I'm currently having to endure being taught defence against the dark arts by a bloody moron. Oh and it's been foretold that a great darkness is coming into my life this year and it is unclear if light will win. So everything's just peachy!" I said sarcastically.

"Sounds rough kid." Serifina said coming back sitting down next to me.

"I wouldn't worry about it to much though. What will be will be. Worrying won't help. Just use you're time to try and prepare yourself for what will be." She said looking out the open window at the sky. I looked at her with a deep appreciation. sure she was rough around the edges, but deep down she was a good person. She had her moments, this I believe being one, where she did show she cared.

"So you ready to get back to work?" Serifina said as she jumped up and clapped her hands.

"Let's do it." I said jumping up with flames coming from my hands.

I spent a few extra hours working on my fire magic. I was really making progress, and I was proud.

Dinner was about to end but I didn't mind with all the work I got done.

I walked down the corridor and passes Lockharts class and noticed the lights were on. I looked in as I passes and saw Harry with Lockhart sorting mail.

I rolled my eyes I knew Lockhart had kept him for detention far longer then he was supposed to.

I opened the door and saw Harry look up and mouth help me just before Lockhart could look up and see.

"Professor I believe it's past time for you to have released Harry." I said.

" Why yes, time does fly when you're having fun!" Lockhart said with a smile.

"For some." I said annoyed, " good evening."

"Since you are here, i was curious as to why you are exempt from so many of my classes?"

"If Dumbledore has chosen not to tell you. It's best to not be so meddlesome proffessor." I said Turing on my heel and leaving the class with Harry by my side.

"Thank goodness you came around." Harry said once we left the class room.

" lucky for you." I said with a laugh

While we walked down the corridor I stopped dead in my tracks. I heard the voice it was close. I looked to Harry and saw that he had stopped too. I looked at his face and saw the look he had. He heard it too. The voice was moving down the hall. we followed it to a very ugly sight. A pool of blood was on the floor, with Mrs. Norris hanging by her tail, not moving. Suddenly the three corridors surrounding the scene fill with students and teachers leaving the dinning hall. This didn't look good. Gasps and screams where the first things heard. Then all eyes landed on Harry and I. I then heard Draco talk about what was written on the wall I looked back and it read 'enemies of the heir beware. The chamber of secrets has been opened.' Suddenly Filtch came through and saw Mrs. Norris. He was livid, ready to strike Harry and I. I quickly looked to Dumbledore for help and he told filtch to calm down. Mrs. Norris was merely petrified and could be awoken with a potion soon enough.

Dumbledore then dismissed everyone to their common rooms, except Harry and I.

"I noticed that neither of these two attended dinner tonight. How can you explain your absence?" Snape questioned

"I can vouch for young Potter. He was helping me with my fan mail." Lockhart said

"And I can vouch for Anna she has been putting in more time practicing for her other classes." Dumbledore said, " you both can go back to your dorms."

Once we got back as soon as we walked through the door we were swarmed by Everybody asking about what happened.

"Nothing really." I said going and sitting down on the couch with the twins sitting beside me.

"Hey Anna, do you know anything about... The chamber of secrets?" Hermione asked sitting down across from me.

"I know a little. It's supposed to be a secret chamber created by Salazar Slytherin. It's supposed to harbor... A monster. The true heir of Slytherin's suppose to open it. There by releasing the monster inside to rid the school of those with... dirty blood. But it's been searched for and never found, though I fear they just haven't looked in the right place..."

"Yep Anna only knows a little. Just enough to right a little book, like a hundred bloody pages!" Ron joked.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, " yeah but enough about that tonight. I'm gonna get some sleep." I looked down and noticed a bit of uneasiness in Hermiones' eyes. I binded down and guided her up by her shoulders. " what will be will be. Worry won't help. Just use the time to try and prepare for it." I said remembering those words I'd heard just a short time ago.

" I believe I'll go up with you Anna. I have research to do in the library tomorrow." Hermione said with a glimmer in her eyes.