Joker

Ace

"I want to report a kid napping." I said into my phone.

"Okay sir. I need the name of the child. Age and the time the child went missing." The lady said.

"Antwan Jr Tucker. 2. And 7 months ago."

"I'm sorry did you say 7 months ago?"

"Yea-"

"Sir I'm sorry but you should have called sooner."

"Hoe what are you saying? Because it sounds like your saying you can't find my fucking child!"

The dial tone came on meaning she hung up. I clenched my jaw and my leg started shaking.

My phone rang. "WHAT!"

"Hey umm Ace? We're not gonna be able to make it too New York." Pepper said.

"Why not?"

"The air port is flooded with security. We got 8 guns on us and in our bags. Ain't no way."

"Listen to me Pepper. Find a fucking way to get here." I hung up my phone.

Cam was pacing back and forth biting her nails. "Ace I promise you. They were here last night. In this very room."

My head was pounding. I could barely think straight.

"Where did she say she was going?" I asked.

"She didn't say anything. But she looked like she was on drugs."

I looked up at Cam. "How much money did you give her last night?"

"Umm I don't know. Around 2,000 why?"

"She could do anything with 2,000 dollars Cam!"

"Can you please stop yelling? Damn."

I sighed. I'm never going to find my son.

Lauren

I was sitting in the living room couch watching Love and Basketball one of my favorite movies.

I heard a horn blow and saw Abby come downstairs with her zebra print back pack. She stayed with Ms. Evelyn last night and she decided to stay again.

"Bye sister." She hugged me.

"Bye." I said and turned my head back to the TV.

My eyes were getting heavy. I heard a noise coming from the back yard.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I said sounding like one of those bitches in a scary movie.

I heard the noise again.

"Oh hell nah." I turned the TV off and started walking upstairs. I'm not about to go check shit out and get killed.

When I was at the top of the stairs the doorbell rung. My heart started racing.

It's 11:08 pm. Who could it be? The doorbell rung again.

"Who is it!" I yelled. I didn't get a response.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife.

"Imma' ask again. Who the fuck is it?" I said walking towards the door. Nobody said anything.

I quickly opened the door ready to stab somebody.

"Lauren! It's just me gosh." A girl said.

I put the knife down. I noticed it was a girl from my party yesterday.