Chapter 42

It's amazing what you can accomplish in 5 minutes. In that time, Laney was able to find a new set of clothes that fit and clip her illuminos to her belt. She is no longer wearing the leather halter and her hair is pulled back into a fresh ponytail. Now she wears a black compression shirt that covers up what remains of her wound. I have no idea where she got the shirt, but it looks good on her. She is first to arrive in the control room.

"You sure you're okay to do this?" I ask her.

"I want to punch Jared in his face," she says in the most serious tone I have ever heard from her. If her anger was directed at me, I would have wanted to crawl in a dark hole and not come out. And having been with Laney for the better part of a week that is saying something.

Alexander is not far behind catching up to us. He carries a black handled object in his left hand that looks very much like Laney's.

"So the plan is to get in, get your dad, find the crysallium and get out? Sounds doable, oh and look what I found in the armory," he says igniting the illuminos in the shape of a short sword. "This may come in handy. Are you ready for this?"

"No, not really. Where do you think you can jump us in the school?"

"Well, remember I would have to visualize where we are going to land, I was only in your school for a day. The only places I was really in were a couple of hallways, the principal's office, the cafeteria and a couple of classrooms. My guess would be the best place for us to land would be the bio class. I can't imagine that there would be anything going on in there. Laney?"

"I agree. There are so many classrooms they can't possibly cover all of them. Moving around is going to be the issue. I didn't get a good look at where your dad was being held and who knows if they moved him."

"Do you remember anything about the room he was being held in?" I ask Laney, looking for anything that might give us a clue. The last thing we need is to be in the completely wrong area of the school. Every second is going to count in order for this to be successful.

Laney closes her eyes and tries to think back. "He's tied to a chair, it's a roller high back leather chair."

"Principal's office?" Alex suggests.

"There are no desks in the room, just tables, lots of table. And on the wall are posters. They look like workout posters."

All at once in unison we answer each other "The gym."

"They are going to perform the ritual in the gym." Laney finally says.

"How close is the bio lab to the gym?"

"Not far."

We all join hands, us girls on either side of Alexander.

"Guys before we go, thank you for this."

"Thank us if we survive," Laney says sarcastically as she pulls her illuminos off her belt with her free hand.

"Ready?" Alexander asks. But before we even have a chance to draw breath for an answer he jumps us back to the exact classroom that we were all in the first time we met.