01. Im a "Mystery"

WARNING: Content is merely fiction with a small twist of real. Some places, people etc. Are either a coincidence or are driven from actual places, people, things etc.

Hello my lovelies! Welcome to "An Unforgettable Case". Just a reminder, there's a reason why it's "Unforgettable". Don't get too enveloped in this book's seemingly warm and average facade. Enjoy!

PARDON THE MISTAKES <3

Police Data Base: Agent F

Name... Allisson Wrek.. Age 15... Social Status... None specified... Description... Descrip..tion.... De.. de... des.. crip----

The computer suddenly shut down

"Well.. there goes $6,000 worth of useless technology" he sighed

"I'm sorry uncle.. Can i ask why the computer broke when you tried to download my data?" I tilted my head and looked at him with curiosity.

He gave me a loving smile, I studied his face and realise how much he's aged, all that stress and agony of being the head of the NYPD is starting to take its toll on this 35 year old man.

His forehead and the corners of his eyes are starting to get wrinkly, his eyes look so tired, he's got a beard and a faint moustache shadow which I think suits him, his hands all rough and covered in bandaids, and even though the amount of chips and donuts is absolutely unreal, he's still got a great build.

My dear uncle gently pet my head "Well that's because you're a mystery sweet pea.." He whispered

I furrowed my brow "A mystery? Does that mean no matter how hard we try I won't be able to know a thing about my past? Who exactly my real parents are? Where I used to be?" I asked

I don't know much about my past. Heck, I don't even know when my actual birthday is! Uncle Aaron found me at his doorstep one cold, rainy night. So we both agreed that the day I was found, 16th of December 1999, would be my birthday - at least until we know when it actually is.

I asked if there was any note. He told me there was but it only said 'Take care of our darling daughter, her name is Alisson. She is very special'

I still don't understand what's so 'Special' about me. It's just.. Strange.

He chuckled watching me zone out as he threw the computer with the others "Don't worry sweet pea, being a mystery is a good thing. No one will know who you really are or what makes you weak. Being a mystery makes you unpredictable thus, giving you an advantage over your enemies or the people who try to hurt you"

I shook my head. "But uncle i don't want to be a mystery! I want people to know me! I want to make friends! I can't make friends if all I can say is 'Hey I'm Alisson, I got abandoned as an infant so we don't really know who I actually am or where I came from. I live with this guy who found me on his doorstep one night" I said mockingly as I plastered a fake smile on my face.

My uncle sighed and looked at me with gentle eyes "Alisson, You're part of the NYPD and you're one of our best agents.
I mean, you've got friends, everyone in the department is your friend and Tony-"

"Yea but I want friends who are my age! I wanna go to a school like Tony does, I wanna get an actual job, i just.. I want a normal life" I cut him off and sighed

Pity fluttered across his face "Baby cakes, I know how you feel, I'm so sorry love" he pulled me into a hug "We'll figure it out I promise, now here's some money and why don't you and Tony have some fun okay? Be home early though, I have a surprise for you" he smiled as he handed me 3 $50 bills.

"Thanks Uncle, and this better not be another prank" I shoved the cash into my pocket and gave him a quick peck on the cheek as I headed to the door.

"You'll love it, I promise! Love you sweetheart!" He bid goodbye

"Love you more" I replied as I shut the door behind me.

I walked through the department. Voices saying 'Bye Al' echo behind me.
"A mystery huh?" I thought as I walked out of the police department and into the busy streets of New York.

Hey Wattpad people! I'll be publishing I new chapter soon but.. What do you guys think? Leave a little like, vote or comment Pwease? I'll love you forever :) x