The Master Blackmailer, Part 3

Moriarty casually took his gun out of his holster and in three quick steps had it pressed into Nicholas's forehead.

Keeping the gun in place, he turned to Annabelle and smiled. "Hello, darlin'. Did you sleep well?" He tilted his head and furrowed his brow. "How's your headache?"

Annabelle thought she was losing her mind. He couldn't be serious. "Please don't," she pleaded, not taking her eyes from his.

"Please don't?" Moriarty rolled his eyes. "I already told you I'm going to kill him."

He pressed the end of the pistol harder into Nicholas's forehead and met his eyes. "Normally, I don't like to get my hands dirty but for you, I'll make an exception."

Nicholas's jaw tensed.

"I thought we already went through this." Moriarty tapped the end of the gun against Nicholas's forehead to the beat of his words. "She belongs to me."

Annabelle couldn't breathe. She couldn't just stand there and watch him kill Nicholas, but what could she do? She remembered what her tutor had said. Everyone had a pressure point, a weakness. As she stared at Moriarty, she scrolled through her memories. She shook her head as information about him started streaming through her mind. She closed her eyes as she tried desperately to concentrate. There must be something to use against him... Her eyes widened, and she ran towards the sports car.

Everyone watched Annabelle run as their guns remained trained on Nicholas. Everyone except Sebastian who easily captured her in his arms before she made it to the car.

She tried to wriggle out of Sebastian's hold but soon realized it was hopeless. Moriarty lowered his gun and smiled as he turned from Nicholas to look at her.

"You are so full of surprises, kitten." He came closer to her. "Were you trying to run away or..."

He paused then walked to the door of the sports car and opened it, pulling out her handbag. As he came around the car, he opened it and lifted out the gun. "Were you looking for this?"

Annabelle looked at the gun in defeat. He nodded to Sebastian and he released her. Not taking his eyes from her, Moriarty tapped the gun on his chin as his eyes narrowed.

"Come here," he commanded.

She glanced at Sebastian and he winked at her. She glared back at him. She could feel her temper rising.

"Now!"

How dare he order her around like a pet dog! She could hear Sebastian chuckling behind her along with the other five men, their guns still aimed at Nicholas. She gritted her teeth as their laughter echoed in her ears. She had no choice but to obey. Her friend's life depended on it. She took a deep breath and slowly walked over to Moriarty, keeping her eyes downcast so he couldn't see her rage.

"Look at me."

Annabelle gritted her teeth and looked up at him. His eyes sparkled as he looked down at the anger in hers. He loved seeing this side of her. She was such a contradiction. He couldn't wait to get her alone again.

"Here. Take it." He held out the gun to her.

Annabelle looked at him in shock. "You're giving it to me?"

"No, I already gave it to you. I'm returning it to you."

She held his eyes for a moment then looked down at the gun in his hand. He was daring her to make a move. Slowly, she reached out and took it from him.

"So, now that you have it, what are you going to do with it?"

She gripped the gun's shaft in her hand and stared down at it. With a sigh, Moriarty took a few long strides and cocking his gun, pressed it against the side of Nicholas's head. He looked with boredom at Annabelle.