chapter 1

Erin's P.O.V

I woke up this morning with a pain in my arms and legs from the extensive practice we had yesterday. I slowly got out of bed and let our a small yelp as I cracked my back.

I walked down the hall to the bathroom and went about my morning routine brushing my teeth ,and taking a shower as I showered I sang to the music playing from my phone. I sang along with Nina Simone singing every word perfectly to Feeling Good.

While I was still singing my mom knocked on the door and said " honey come on out I've got to shower too". Most likely my dad was occupying the shower in their bathroom so I trudged out the bathroom a little upset I didn't get my full shower time. But that gave me extra time to get ready so it worked out.

I walked into my closet and looked through my clothes and picked a shirt that had a picture of Marilyn Monroe in black and white and I paired it with my favorite pair of faded blue jeans and combat boots that zipped up in the back. I took my hair out of the twists I had put it in the night before. And i came out curled and bouncy.I also took a white watch from my collection.

I walked down the stairs to find my dad making some bacon and eggs. He looked up and smiled," would you like some" I nodded my head and took his plate and ate his in a few bites. He looked at me with a look of pure betrayal," You know I was gonna eat that". I put a hand on his shoulder and nodded seriously, "I know". I pecked him on the cheek and walked toward the door I grabbed my gym bag and backpack that I had packed the night before. As I was walking out the door my mom walked in the room ," now we're is my goodbye" I walked over to her and gave her a hug "Bye mommy" I gave her a big kiss on the cheek. I went to the door and I had almost forgot something.

I turned to my parents "I love you
guys"

I checked my watch for the time and figured out that I had about five minutes to get to the bus. It was about three blocks away so I had time. I speedwalked so I could get to the bus stop before too many people got there .

I got there and saw four people already there. I stood next to this girl named Kelly she was tall,lean, and God knows she wore way too much makeup, she could put any clown to shame. I think she is in my Social studies class or Pre-Cal. She turned to me and opened her mouth as if she was going to say something. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow, "may I help you?"she looked shocked for a second and then shook her head as if to clear her thoughts, "I was just wondering if we had Pre-Cal homework". I racked my cluttered brain and thought about it. Matter of fact we did have homework.

I started to panic I always do my homework I checked my bag and relief flooded through me. I almost forgot to tell her I turned, "Yea, we did have homework." After I said that the bus pulled up and she mumbled, "Oh fudge" I laughed to myself and thought who says, "Oh fudge".

I hopped on the bus first and got my favorite seat the second from the front. The ride to school was boring so I put in my headphones and opened Pandora to my favorite station, J.Cole Radio. I was sitting quietly minding my business when before I realized the bus has made another stop about seven people came on and and some guy had the nerve to sit next to me. I turned my head slowly to meet
light green eyes and a moderately cute face. I tilted my head and took of my head phones and looked him in the eyes, "why in the world are you sitting here when half of the bus is empty."

He laughed, "Because your so Beautiful that I couldn't help but to sit next to you."

I scoffed, "Aww Honey that was so unoriginal I think I might cry." I waved him off. As he got up he tossed a wink my way I cringed inwardly. Oh, bus please just get to school already, please.

As the bus pulled up to school I gathered my things and waited till we stopped. I got of and headed straight for my locker. My first period class was social studies and my teachers name was Mrs. Giddings. She was an older women with a funny personality, she told the funniest jokes and everyone loved her. I walked in class and saw her sitting in her rollie chair grading some papers. I skipped over to her too her , "Hey, how is my favorite old lady?" She looked at me over her glasses, I laughed "I'm just joking." She laughed at me and shook her head. Just then the bell rang.

I took my seat and and looked around the room just as I turned to the door and Mr. Sits To Close was there he walked in just before the bell rang. And were did he sit...

In the back...conveniently the seats next to me were taken ,and that just made my day.

The class was over in a blur and I got out of my seat and walked to my locker. While I was getting out my books Julian came up behind me and put his hand over my eyes and whispered, "Guess who."

"Umm," I pondered,"Your Mom" I said innocently with a big smile on my face

He took his hands down and and stood in front of me."Harde Har Har". His 6'3 frame towering over my 5'2 hight. I looked up at him and he was looking down at me, "Stop looking at me like that, I'll start blushing" I said trying to look flirty.

We both burst out laughing and a few people looked our way but we didn't care.

Alex came up," What's so funny".

I started,"Well Jewl came up be-" she interrupted, "So you guys wanna come over my house tonight I got something for both of you."

"I don't know I have practice today", I said unsure. "Me too" Julian added. "We all have practice,"she said in a 'duh' tone."Just come afterwards".

We both nodded in agreement

After a few seconds Alex's boyfriend walks up. He comes behind her and grabs her by the waist and spins her around so she's facing him and they start a full on makeout session right in front of us. Me and Jewl made disguised faces and fake gagged.

I walked past him"Hey Bryce, is that you, I didn't see you there, oh ya know sucking my friends face off"

He disconnects their lips for a brief moment "My name is Blake"

I acted surprised, "Oh darn did I get your name wrong again, I really thought I cared this time."

He gave scowl but when back to what he was doing none the less. Jewl jogged up next to me " Are you ever gonna get his name right."

I shrugged "Maybe"