Chapter Three: I Live For These Moments

I had been working at the Asylum for about 2 months now and I couldn't be happier. I was making great progress with Joker and he was really beginning to open up to me and talk about what he went through as a child and how he feels about it now, and what effects that has had on his health. He told me that since I was assigned to him the voices in his head had stopped. It was difficult to admit to myself at first but I think I've fallen in love, madly in love with him. It wasn't healthy. Dr. Strange told me not to fall into his traps or let him trick me but I couldn't help but talk to him like he was my best friend.

I was given one weeks vacation next week so this would be my last session with Joker before I went away. My session was earlier than usual, 12:15. I gathered my files and my coffee and made my way towards room 17.

The guard let me in as usual and we started our session.

****

'Dr.Quinzel.... You know I live for these moments with you' he spoke softly.

'I have to say Mr J, our sessions are always the highlights of my days' I replied playing with my hair, becoming nervous as his gaze met mine. I reached into my pocket to show him a soft toy I brought him, it was cheesy of me but I remember him telling me he likes cats.

He smiled at me with his Cheshire Cat smile leaning towards me a little over the table 'whatcha you got?'

'I got you a kitty' I replied smiling and giggling.

He leant over the table even more, and I did the same. Our faces almost touching 'So thoughtful...' he whispered seductively in my ear. He leant closer to me, I could feel his lip brush against mine. I quivered with excitement and just as he was about to kiss me there was a loud knock on the door. I groaned with annoyance and immediately went to go see what was wrong.

'Excuse me, I'm in the middle of a session here. What's the problem' I asked the guard.

'Actually you have 15 minutes, better make it quick.' He replied. Had the session really being going on for 30minutes!?

I returned to my chair as Joker was speaking 'There is something you could do for me doctor?'

'Anything. I mean, yeah' I replied not expecting anything bad.

'I need a machine gun.' He grinned.

He gave me a big smile and laughed because of the extremely shocked look on my face. 'A machine gun?' I questioned.
'Wait your serious?'

'Dr. I won't do anything bad. I can promise you that...' he has to be kidding me? 'If you wanted to we could get out of here, I can tell by the way you look at me you want to get me out. We could be free, I'll just use the machine gun to look like I'm going to hurt someone so we can get out. It's just an itsy bitsy favour?' He begged, I couldn't say no. What if he hurt me?

'How am I supposed to bring a machine gun into the Asylum without being caught, and where would I even get one?' I asked completely shocked at myself.

'You have a phone right?'

I nodded.

'Ill give you frosty's number, he has the machine gun, he'll be disguised as a delivery man, I need to YOU to get him in, add him to the access list when the session is over, tell them you're expecting a delivery, then give him access to your room where he can arm the gun an-'

'I thought you weren't going to hurt anyone?' I interrupted.

'IM NOT! Listen! Let him arm the gun and then he's going to pretend to take you hostage, take him to my cell and free me. Then we can get out.... got that?'

'Yes I understand b-'

The door opened. 'Sessions over, move it' the guard snapped.

Joker winked at me. I had one foot out the door when he spoke again, knowing it would wind me up 'See you tomorrow... Harley Quinn.'

My head jerked around. 'You know I don't like that name, I'm not a clown character.' He'd called me that in a previous session and I didn't like it, but he obviously didn't listen. I turned on my heel as he started laughing a sinister  and loud laugh that was immediately cut off by the sound of the door being bolted again.

What have I got myself into.

-

What do you think! I'm proud of myself to be honest so far but I'm sorry for this chapter I though it was crap 😬 I'm writing this before uploading and I don't think this  fan fiction is going to get many reads at all. I'm so sorry for not being interesting 😒 anyway if you enjoyed feel free to like and comment! Much love

- elisia 💕