Chapter 4: The Calm Before The Storm

'Do you know what time the delivery will arrive?'

'No I'm really sorry I don't but I need them to have access to my room because it's...big' I stuttered. Oh god what if I mess up, what if Frosty messes up, what if J-

'May I ask what this delivery is?' the young woman asked looking at me like I was stupid.

'No sorry it's personal' I replied. I'm making such a fool of myself.

'Harleen are you o-'

'Look I'm fine, just let them in ok- I have to go.' She gave me a look of disgust, I didn't have time for this. I'm panicking like hell and the last thing I need is questions. I turned away and muttered sorry under my breath to the woman.

I got to my room and slammed the door, I needed to calm down. What the hell was I doing? Was I really going to let a psychotic man win my heart and then help him escape an Asylum, I got my dream job and now I'm going to throw that opportunity away! What is wrong with me. I should tell Joker no, but Frosty will stick with the plan of course. Oh god only knows what Joker would do if I told him I wasn't going to help him. I picked up my phone and dialed the number Joker had given me.

'Hello...is this Frosty?'

'Hi Harleen, it's nice to hear your voice again...'

Oscar. 'Oscar! Your Frosty. So that's how you knew about Mr J, that's how you knew about me, what else do you know?'

'Calm down, you'll know soon ok. Why are you ringing me anyway your supposed to wait for me to ring you so I can tell you when I'm coming?' Should I tell him? I have too!

'I don't think I can do this Frosty what if something bad happens? I mean -'

'I told you to be careful who you trust!' He sniggered.

'I can't be bothered with smart remarks from a low life like you' I snapped back, he's such a jerk.

'You'll regret you ever said that. Look lemme put this one way and one way only, you either do as Mr J says or say goodnight.' I gulped, goodnight - that can't be good.

'Basically if I don't listen to him he'll kill me?'

'Or he'll torture you continually until you die.'

The line went dead. I guess I'm going to have to play his stupid game and follow the rules.