November 1st, 1943

Barry and Caitlin were in the library studying. At least, Caitlin was. Barry was too busy staring at how adorable she was when concentrating, at least she was to him. But, Barry had fallen in love with her and really couldn't ignore the temptation to stare or kiss her, however, his eighteenth birthday was in six months and then he would enlist but now leaving seemed like the hardest thing in the universe. All because of the love that they shared. Not that they had said those special three words yet. Mostly because they thought that if they didn't say it then their romance would stay a romance and won't get to complicated when Barry leaves. But they had already fallen in love.

"You're staring," Caitlin stated, looking up from her textbook and her hazel eyes meeting his green ones with a smile.
"I'm gazing," Barry replied.
"It's creepy," she giggled.
"It's romantic," he replied, leaning in for a kiss which she responded to with much passion and a happy smile which he always adored about her. "I love you, Cait," he mumbled against her lips. She pulled back for a second, smiled once again making his heart flutter and then she replied:
"I love you too," then she leant in for another kiss.

After leaving the library, they went for a walk on the beach where they shared their first kiss only four months previous. The time they had spent together had been the best of their lives and it seemed hard to imagine their lives without each other in them. Let alone live without each other. But they were very aware they had limited time. But, that just made them want to enjoy it and appreciate it more.

"What happens when you leave?" Caitlin asked, breathing out an unsteady breath.

"I don't know," Barry paused. "But I love you and I'll come back. For you. And for us," he continued, looking deeply into her beautiful brown eyes that were lovingly watching his in the same manner. "I want to be with you forever and nothing is gonna stop me from coming back to you when this stupid war is over,"

"It's just that..." she paused as tears formed in her eyes and her voice became very shaky. "I can't lose you and if.. And if you don't come back... Then I'm not sure what I'll do. I love you, Barry," she replied, tears rolling down her cheeks and her voice breaking away. 

To comfort her, he wrapped his arms around her and reassured that he would come back and they will be together forever, no matter what happens. And that nothing or no one will stop them.

"Dance with me?" he asked, offering her a hand. She let out a giggle and her flushed cheeks from crying blushed more naturally and she accepted and they slow danced on the beach.

 She let out a giggle and her flushed cheeks from crying blushed more naturally and she accepted and they slow danced on the beach

"I love you," Barry whispered.

"I love you too," Caitlin whispered back, feeling like this was who she was supposed to be with for the rest of her life and he felt the exact same way. Everything felt right.

They kissed under the moonlight and nothing could compare to this moment. What they had was worth fighting for and they were sure that this was meant to be.

"Forever and always,"

And they resumed their kiss...