I am Fire

Book Number One of the Kinetic Chronicles

I am Fire, along with the rest of the works belonging to the author, is in no way allowed to be copied by any other writer and if you see anyone copy my work, please tell me immediately. I am Fire; all rights are reserved. 

 "Fire is the element of power. It is the element of anger, the element of passion. It has the power to destroy, yes, but what many have overlooked is that it also has the power to create. This is who you are, and if you don't control yourself, how are you supposed to control your powers?"   -  Nyssa Ceres 

Between August 1996 and August 1997, secret and illegal experiments were conducted on 120 baby girls and boys in Holland, Ireland, Germany, Greece, Italy, France and Spain. However, only 12 of these children survived the process. 

This is the story of Valyn Enya Mesman. She was born with ability to control, manipulate and create fire and lightning, the cold-blooded fire.

She grows up in the small, quiet town of Limburg in Holland as the daughter of a Vlaae maker and a clock-maker/clock shop owner. Although getting good grades, she is the school's resident Bad Girl; she is considered a pyromaniac and a master manipulator. However, Valyn knows that sometimes the things she did was not her fault but doesn't think much of it.

But when a man in black with a British accent takes her parents and then in turn attempts to kidnap her, Valyn's life takes a turn for the scary. She's saved by two Irish accented strangers dressed in black leather and taken to Britain, where she meets 10 others like the strangers, who tell Valyn that her attempted kidnapping was only the beginning and that it's up to her to find the other 11 Kinetics and take down the people that took Valyn's parents and are after their blood.

Her creators.

I am Fire is written in the POV of Valyn, the protagonist. UNLIKE IN DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS, NEITHER VALYN NOR ANY OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS ARE BASED ON ANYBODY IN PHYSICAL APPEARANCE BUT THEIR VIEWS ARE BASED ON THOSE OF PEOPLE I KNOW!! DO NOT JUDGE!! I DON'T AGREE WITH MANY OF VALYN'S VIEWS!!! IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE JUDGEMENTAL, THEN DON'T BOTHER READING THE BOOK, POR FAVOR!! Thank you :)

Enjoy! :D