3. "If I Am Fire, One Direction Are Five Of The Twelve New Apostles"

"Has she woken up yet?"

"No. It looks like this is going to be Day Number Five."

"Should we wake her up?"

"No! That's just mean!"

"We have to make sure she's alive."

"Of course she's alive you utter nitwit! Listen to her heartbeat."

"We should really check if she isn't, though."

My eyes fluttered slowly but steadily open and woozily, I gazed up at the faces of two people I had never seen in my entire life. One was male, the other female. Both had ebony black hair and pale skin and green-blue eyes. Another thing that made them similar is that they were dressed in black Gothic clothes; it wasn't over the top so it looked really dope on them. I thought they were twins.

"What . . . . ?" I said pathetically and weakly as my eyes fell back shut.

"No, no, no! Naughty! Don't you dare fall back asleep. This is the first time in five days you have opened your eyes. Come on, sit up and open those eyes again," the guy said. Now that I was almost fully conscious, I recognised that his accent was Irish, and strongly so.

He and the girl gently took hold of me and put me up into a sitting position against my pillows on the bed.

"Where . . . am I?" I asked sleepily.

"England," the girl answered, her accent Irish as well. "Well, if you want to be exact, we're in London."

ENGLAND?! As in . . . . Great Britian?! The UK?! Across the channel?! Away from Holland?

"Oh well done, Nyssa! Smooth move! She's going into shock," the guy said snappily.

"Well it's better to get this over with now than to deceive her and cause the pain to multiply, Colin!" the girl, Nyssa, shot back.

"I think it's safe to say it has already multiplied!" Colin shot back.

"Will the both of you shut up?!"

Nyssa and Colin jumped out of their skins and turned around, stepping away from me. I immediately saw that a new person had come in; a stern-looking man in his middle ages, maybe. His eyes were crystal clear, blue and had an iron gaze that clearly shouted, Don't mess with me! He had barely any hair on his head but that just made him even more intimidating. Unlike Nyssa and Colin, he wore a business suit instead of complete and utter black.

"Hiya, sir," Colin said meekly. "Our guest is awake."

"I can see that for myself, thank you very much, Colin," the boss, I think he was, answered crisply. He then looked directly at me, not even giving a small smile or something like that. He said to me, "Can you walk?"

I answered, "I've been walking since I was three years old, sir. I'm sure I can manage."

Nyssa and Colin had to bite their lips to restrain themselves from letting slip laughter. Even the old dude had to put some effort into keeping his composure.

"Very good," he said. He turned back to Nyssa and Colin, who immediately stood up straight as though they were in the army and facing their general. "Get her washed, dressed and fed, then meet us downstairs." With that, he left.

"Phew!" Colin said. He looked at me. "Girl, I dig the sarcasm and all but with Jove, you seriously have to watch what you say."

"And why is that?" I demanded. "Nondeju! Godverdomme! He's not bloody God!"