5. "Athos: Stop Trying To Kill Everyone!"

Valyn's POV (Continued)

We got out into the road. That was not the issue.

The issue?

Well, the issue was that as soon as we were out on the road, we immediately were fired at by this massive cannon-like machine in a black van that was blocking the small alley way out to the front of the HQ. I'm serious, it was like that scene in RED 2 when that Asian assassin fired at Frank and Marvin. What really worried me was that our Rover was the only one to make it out onto the streets and be fired at by this Big Mama machine gun.

"SHIT!" Colin kept crying. "WE'RE GOING TO DIE!"

"Colin, shut your trap!" Athos advised as we all sank beneath our seats to dodge incoming bullets and glass that was flying in faster than comets showering down from space.

"I hate Russians, I hate Russians, I hate Russians!" Nyssa seethed. "Remind me to gut Putin if we ever get to meet him."

"Dibs on the entrails," I added.

"I would mind your words," Athos advised. "You never know if those sneaky Russians have bugged our Rovers before attacking."

Well, I had a sneaky suspicion Athos's hypothesis may have been correct because the bombardment of bullets increased ferociously.

"I have an idea," I said quietly to Nyssa.

"Well, get on with your idea then, silly," she answered.

It was one of the things Anuerin made me practise; shielding myself using fire and it was the first things of Pyrokinesis that I have mastered.

I made my eyes glow red; wasn't hard as I thought of everything that hacked me off from homework to annoy teachers to JB to Anuerin's bullying to the Russians who dared to attack me! Peasants! Knaves! I'm Fire and you don't mess with me!

"It's getting hot in here," Colin commented as my fiery aura laced itself into the cool air and started taking over.

Well, soon it was getting hotter because I clapped my hands. Yes, I clapped my hands - to generate a firewall. Unfortunately it didn't stretch all the way across the street, just in front of the Rover. Oh dear. My bad; maybe should have had a little bit more practise!

"Nice on, Valyn!" Nyssa said. "Step on it, Athos!"

He didn't need to be told twice. He reversed at what felt like ten miles an hour, swung the car around sharply and sped down an even smaller road, heck I think it was an alley actually, and Athos just kept speeding along; I prayed to God that no people were coming our way or wanting to come out of their houses.

"Have you all got your seat belts on?" Athos asked cheerily.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK?!" Colin, Nyssa and I snapped at him.

"Just asking, cos we have a bit of a bump coming up."

"WHAT?!"

I officially hate Jason Bourne.

"Ben je gek?!" I shrieked.

"What?" Nyssa said, looking confused.

"I said, "Are you crazy"," I translated.

"Hell yes," Athos said in a monotone tone.

Well, he must have been because we were racing along this narrowing alley with Russian motorists at our tail (sorry, kind of forgot to mention that little detail) towards the sheer drop of stairs at the end of the alley.

Nyssa and I screamed as the car lurched forwards down the stairs, bumping multiple times and tipping dangerously forwards at least three times. So much so that my stomach started doing backflips and hand stands and cartwheels and pyramids . . . . and just a load of gymnastics I really didn't need at the moment!