Black wings on a red sky

How much longer could a human survive without food or water? It couldn't have been more than two weeks, she was sure, but Relaera had managed to survive for far longer than that. And Lightbringer still wasn't back.

Even if she had managed to survive far longer than any normal human, she did not think she would last much longer.

Relaera looked up at the now red sky over Valyria, hoping that today would be the day she had wingbeats again. 

Nothing.

She sighed, turning back to her half-finished sword. All that was left to do was reforge it in dragonfire and bloodmagic, then it would be true Dragonsteel at last. Although, it was unlikely that she'd live to complete her work.

So engrossed was Relaera in the forging of her sword, she did not hear the wingbeats beginning to resonate across the Valley in the mountains. She was only drawn out of her trance when a roar, too loud to be Lightbringer, sounded across the valley and made the mountains shake. 

And then she was running out of the cave as fast she could, only to see a great black dragon, with a small white-blue figure perched on top of it. 

Relaera frowned. The only black dragon she'd known had been Balerion, had he was dead for sure. Dragons could live at the maximum three hundred years, and he'd been a yearling when she'd seen him. But this dragon, looked eerily like him. 

The dragon landed, and the rider clambered off. Whoever this was, they clearly had no idea how to ride a dragon.

Relaera waited, sure that the rider would see her sometime, she wasn't hard to miss with her silver-white hair and incredibly pale skin against a red sky and black cliffs. And indeed, the rider soon spotted her and began running up the steep hill that led to Relaera's forge.

As the figure grew closer, it became clear they had Valyrian heritage. And then, as the figure stopped right in front of her, Relaera's heart stopped with her. 

"Ao issi valyrīha, raqagon issa," (you are Valyrian, like me) the girl said.

"Kessa. Nyke managed naejot botagon. Nyke istan asleep syt nykeā bōsa jēda." (Yes. I survived. I was asleep for a long time.)

"Nyke Daenerys jelmāzmo hen se lentor targārien." (I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen)

"Se nyke Relaera hen se lentor Galarion." (I am Relaera of the House Galarion)

"Ao issi hen issa ānogar, māzigon rūsīr issa." (You are of my blood, come with me)

"Nyke līs umbagon syt issa zaldrīzes. Yn skori pōnta issi arlī rūsīr issa, nyke jāhor māzigon." (I must wait for my dragon. But when they are back, I will come)

"Pār īlon jāhor umbagon syt aōha zaldrīzes hēnkirī." (Then we will wait for your dragon together.)

***

So apparently Dany has joined the party earlier than I thought she would. Oh well. This works too. 

I thought it would be fun to do the first conversation between Dany and Relaera in Valyrian, since it is after all, Valyrīha iksos pōja muñnykeā ēngos. Valyrian is their mother tongue. 

Ooooooooooh, one more thing to add, shortly after I publish this, I will also be publishing another Game of Thrones fanfic.

The synopsis: Wargs have always been rare in the Lands beyond the Wall, though they are far more common than in Westeros. Nevertheless, skin-changing is a coveted power, and the reason Barra was torn from her parents so early on.

Now, escaped from the cruel band of wildlings who'd stolen her, she heads further and further North, in hopes of finding somewhere she can be free for a little while. Along the way, she stumbles along a peculiar egg that feels colder even than ice. Then, after finding shelter in an abandoned cave under a weirwood tree, she watches as the egg hatches into a creature that is more the stuff of legends than even dragons. An Ice Dragon, who were rumoured to exist in the Dawn Age.

This story is set in the same Universe as A Song of Skies and Stars, so Relaera and Barra will meet up too. 

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter!