Your Grace, Daenerys, or Dany?

Relaera sat, staring up at the slowly reddening dawn sky, telling her Queen the legends of Valyria. Daenerys sat beside her, listening raptly as she spun tales of the birth of dragons, and legendary dragonriders, and the rule of the three-thousand and one gods of the Freehold. The countless bloodshed in the stories fit the blood red sky of the Valyrian dawn.

Ser Jorah Mormont, or Jorah the Andal as Daenerys named him, stood a little ways away from them. Even though no other living soul inhabited Valyria, he was still determined to protect his Queen. From her, Relaera Galarion. 

"What will you do after we take Westeros?" her Queen asked her.

"I am good with a blade, and I have a dragon. Perhaps serve in your Queensguard, perhaps become a blacksmith with my own proper shop and apprentices to go with it. I cannot come back here. Valyria is still too ruined to hold a kingdom. There are too many angry ghosts."

"It would be an honour to have you in my Queensguard, my Lady."

Relaera laughed. "There is no need to call me My Lady, we do not follow the heirarchy of the freehold. I swore an oath to serve you, your Grace. You are my Queen."

"I will insist then that you call me Daenerys. If you cannot be my superior, at least be my equal."

"Very well, Daenerys then."

"Do you think the Kingsguard has ever had a Lady Commander?"

"I wouldn't know Daenerys, I have been asleep these past four hundred years."

Her Queen chuckled. "I will ask Jorah then."

"Jorah," she said, turning to the Andal, "has the Queensguard ever had a Lady Commander?"

"Yes. Queen Visenya Targaryen. She founded the Guard and commanded it too."

"Queen Visenya Targaryen, apparently. She was the wife of Aegon Targaryen, the Conueror."

"She sounds interesting."

"I have heard of her, and her prowess in both battle and ruling is very much to be admired."

"So a woman we should both aim to emulate then?"

"Indeed."

A comfortable silence fell upon us for a few minutes.

"You know," Daenerys began, "I was going to wait until a more public time to ask, for pomp and circumstance, you know. But, you expressed a wish to join my Queensgurad, did you not?"

"I did."

"Do you think you could manage being the Lady Commander of my Queensguard as well as forging Dragonsteel?"

"I could, yes."

"Excellent!" Her Queen exclaimed, in a most unqueenly fashion. "Then, Relaera of the House Galarion, Blood of Dragons, I name you as the Lady Commander of my Queensguard.

Relaera grinned at her young Queen. "It will be a pleasure, and an honour to serve and protect you, Your Grace."

Daenerys pulled her into an enthusiastic celebratory hug. "I needed something to keep you by my side after the Conquest. You have become a dear friend to me in these past few days."

The sound of beating wings alerted them both. Relaera carefully extricated herself from the arms of her Queen and looked up, to find Lightbringer attempting to land. 

"Is that your dragon?" Daenerys asked as Relaera made to stand and run over to where Lightbringer was.

"Yes." And then she was off, running towards her dragon, whom she had missed above all. Lightbringer had already grown far larger than any dragon had the right to in two weeks. He was up to her hip and panting like a dog. She crouched to his height and wrnkled her nose at the disgusting stink of his breath. Lightbringer shoved his head against her chest, and she stroked him.

"He's beautiful."

"Thank you, You Grace."

"I thought I'd told you to call me Daenerys?"

Relaera buried her head into her dragons warm neck. "It just doesn't seem right to call you Daenerys. It is the name of a Queen and a Conqueror."

"Then you will have to call me Dany."

"Dany," Relaera thought it over for a bit. "I can do that, but only in private. The Lady Commander of the Queensguard must act professional in public, so must the Queen."

***

652 words of Relaera and Daenerys interaction. I could make it a proper relationship, however I'm still mulling over a relationship with Arya, or the OC of my other Game of Thrones fanfic, Barra, who happens to be a wildling. We shall see, we shall see.

Let me know who you think it would be best for Relaera to end up with, or if she ends up with anyone at all. She was going to get married the day of the Doom, you know.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy and thanks for  nearly 100 reads!