➸CHAPTER ONE: AAARRGGHHHHHH

CHAPTER 1

Probably taking on this food challenge wasn't the brightest idea ever. Don't get me wrong, I love everything that is food but the set of spicy chicken wings infront of me was anything but inviting.

Just look at the colour of that thing. It looks like Mount Vesuvius erupted on this particular set of wings, jeez.

'BREATHTAKINGLY AWESOME' the food packaging read in bold. I hope this goes well. I look up to see a bunch of baboons, I call my 'friends' snickering about the fate of my poor soul at the hands of the devil itself. The camera flashing above me wasn't helping either.

Dares are so stupid. Who would ever give in into mental and physical torture especially when it's the Ghost Pepper Hot Wings? Well, you did. Duh.

Darn that little voice in my head!

It's okay, it will be worth it. I can finally get the money to buy that beautiful guitar I saw a few months ago. My savings was for college and it was best left undisturbed at this point. Now all I have to do is devour this meal as fast as possible and my baby will be in my hands in no time!

Breathe Reagan, breathe. You're cool. Cool as a cat, yeah that's what you are. You can do this. Piece of cake.

"Hurry up slow coach before it actually starts snowing", urges Tyler to which I so elegantly stuck my tongue out to him. It was the middle of summer.

Given the sly comment, I cannot go a day without being teased by Tyler Wolfe. The guy practically wallows in sarcasm, so do I, but it's not his forte. Star baseball player, straight 'A' student and definitely a ladies man. He thinks it makes him look cool. Well, I think he's the equivalent to pissing into the wind- it's messy and extremely useless.

Without delaying any further, I grab a chicken wing and took a rather huge bite. I start to chew and gently I swallowed the contents. Everyone had their eyes on me, waiting anxiously to when I will wave the white flag and accept defeat. Not today suckas!

I did not last 10 seconds.

My mouth was burning, my tongue was burning, my lips were twitching like crazy and it felt as if fire breathing could be possible at this point. Dammit they weren't kidding when they said it was breathtaking. Every time I inhaled air it only made things worse.

Suffice to say my whole face was on fire but I had to play it out cool. Tyler raises his eyebrows in a quizzical manor as if asking if I was okay. I raise a thumbs up to him before daringly taking another bite from the chicken wing fast.

Suddenly a drop of water hit the surface of the table. Great now the waterworks have begun. That was it. My facade had broken. There was no turning back now. Might as well follow the words of Elsa and let it go.

"WATER! OH MY GOD SOMEONE GET ME SOME WATER! TOO. SPICY. DYING. HELP" I said, wait more like wailed.

That was enough to set the lot in a laughing fit. And it wasn't the normal kind, they were cackling like freaking hyenas! Oh god what did I do to deserve this.

I frantically moved my head left and right with my jaw outstretched. In my frantic movement I saw my best friend, Waverly holding a little bottle with her. It was surely filled with a drink and anything right now would do just to soothe the stinging pain in my mouth. I immediately snatched the bottle from her, regardless of her attempts of stopping me, and poured the contents into my mouth.

"AAARRGGHHHHHH"

Ginger beer.

To say my mouth was scorched was the understatement of the year. My attempts of lessening the pain backfired like hell. I sent a glare towards Waverly then proceeded to yell about in the room like a mad woman. I must look so stupid now.