Chapter 22

"Kija, do you know where the next dragon is?" Yun asked.

"That's right..." Kija breathed, unsteady on his feet, "The next...of the four...d-"

"Kija!" Yona gasped, as the glorious White Dragon fell flat on his face in pure exhaustion.

Later, after setting up camp...

"It must be fatigue." Fubuki commented, adjusting the pillow underneath Kija's head.

"Well, he was digging with all his strength, earlier." Yun explained.

"Kija..." Yona worried, crouching down next to Yun.

"Rest in peace." Hak bleated, dropping a handkerchief onto Kija's face.

"I AM ALIVE!" Kija hissed, sitting up suddenly and causing Hak to 'flinch' back.

"Now, now." Fubuki hushed, "Do fight him later at full strength, but not in this condition." Taking the handkerchief, Fubuki drenched and wrung it with water from her drink bottle. Then, brushing Kija's silver hair from his face, Fubuki placed the damp handkerchief onto his forehead.

"I...I apologise." Kija murmured. "My body feels heavy.. the location of the next dragon is more hazy than usual."

"Don't push yourself!" Yona puffed her cheeks, patting Kija on the arm.

"We have one other person who can sense the presence of the dragons, but..." Yun started.

Everyone looked over to Seiryuu.

.

.

.

?

"He's here?" Hak questioned.

"He's actually been here for a while now." Yun answered.

"I forgot about him, since he doesn't speak much..." Fubuki mumbled.

"Seiryuu, do you know the location of the other dragons?" Yona asked.

But Seiryuu just stood there. A few seconds passed. Still nothing. Seiryuu had only tilt his head to the side in confusion.

"First of all, it seems he doesn't even know what the 'Four Dragons' are." Hak pointed out, folding his arm to his chest.

"Oh, how wretched!" Kija cried, tearing slightly as he clenched his fist in pity. Taking Seiryuu by the hand, Kija looked up to Seiryuu. "It is not your fault that you do not know. Nobody has taught you about them until now. From now on, I will tell you everything you need to know about the Four Dragons. You may call me your big brother."

.

.

.

Seiryuu leapt far off into the distance.

"Eh?! He ran away?!" Kija gasped.

"Was it because big brother was making him uncomfortable?" Hak murmured.

Later...

"Found him!" Fubuki called, pushing through the vegetation and revealing a waterfall.

"A river..." Yun wondered, "Even in the land of fire where water is scarce."

"I think snow had melted from the summit and formed a waterfall here." Fubuki sneezed, dusting off the leaves on her clothes.

SPLASH!

Seiryuu's drowning himself?!

"What are you going to do now, White Snake? He's gone and killed himself." Hak sighed at the spectacle before him.