Cold Hard Ice

Liam sighed waiting inside the cafe instead, as he was sure he arrived first. It was too cold to wait outside. He dialed the number, waiting at least a second before Zayn picked up.

“Hello?” His clear voice asked.

“Hey I just here, where are you?” Liam asked.

“Come outside.”

“Ok.” Liam said and walked outside. He looked around confused. “I don’t see you.” He said confused. The line went dead and he stared at the phone, confused. Warm tanned hands wrapped around his eyes, covering them. Liam smiled giggling. The hands went down to his waist, snaking around them and pulling him close the body.

“Hey beautiful.” The voice said. Liam looked behind him seeing Zayn’s gorgeous face. Their lips met and Liam sank into how warm his lips were. Zayn pulled away, grabbing Liam’s hand and dragging him to his car. Liam followed giggling like a little school girl.

“Where are we having our date?” Liam said reaching Zayn’s car and getting inside.

“Well that up to you.” Zayn said enter the car with a grin. Liam jumped up in his seat.

“Ou, I’ve always wanted to go ice skating.”

“You’ve never been ice skating?” Zayn asked laying his hand on Liam’s thigh, giving him a confusing look.

“Well no, not really. My mum always thought the blades under the skates would cut me.” He said looking down, ashamed.

“Well you’re in luck, because that where we’re going.” Zayn said starting up the car, rubbing up and down Liam’s thigh.

Liam chuckled. “Are you gonna teach me?” he said admiring Zayn’s perfect jawline and amazing cheek bones.

The car came to a halt at a red light. Zayn glanced over to Liam, seeing as he was staring at him. “Of course I will.” He said pressing his soft lips against Liam’s. Slowly he asked for entrance, pressing his tongue against Liam bottom lips hungrily. He was granted the entrance. Liam pulled away.

“There’s a light.” He said with a smirk. Zayn groaned and went back to driving. They pulled up to an ice rink, paying the front man and getting their skates.

“What size?” The man asked.

“10 ½ and..” Zayn said peering over to Liam. Liam pulled his attention away from the rink and back to Zayn.

“A 10.”

“Okay.” The man said, pulling two pairs of ice skates from the shelf. “Here you go.” He said handing both of them their skates. They headed to a bleacher, putting the skates. Zayn began to put his skate on, tying the laces. Liam sat there, confused, not know which lace goes where or how tight to put it on.

“Need help?” Zayn said watching as Liam shook his head no and trying to figure it out. Zayn got up and kneeled to fix his skate. They both smirked. Once Zayn was finished and Liam had both skates on, they walked to the ice, struggling to skate around. Zayn began to get his balance, holding Liam’s hand as he slipped onto the cold ice floor. He pulled him up, keeping his hand entwined with Liam’s. “Come on, left foot then right, left then right.” Zayn said softly.

“Left then rig-“Liam repeated, slipping back. Zayn reached his hand behind Liam, picking him up before he fell back. “Thanks.” He said letting a blush cover his chunky cheeks.

“Don’t worry babe I’ve always got you.” He said pecking Liam’s lips. They skated around a bit, Liam falling many times.

“I can’t get it.” Liam said, holding tightly to Zayn’s hand as he picked him up.

“It’s okay, it takes time to learn.” Zayn said, wrapping his arms around Liam’s waist. Liam leaned into Zayn’s touch. They both skated around, Zayn behind him, guiding him the whole way, never falling.

“Zayn.” Liam said skating around, Zayn still behind him.

“Yes beautiful?”

“I’m getting quiet tired, do you think we can go.”

“Sure.” Zayn said, guiding Liam towards the exit off the ice. They returned their shoes and left the ice rink.

“So where to now?’ Liam asked entering the car.

“I was thinking we can go back to my place and have some hot cocoa and maybe a home cooked dinner. Personally made by Chief Malik.” He said grinning. Laim giggled, looking down and blushing.