one

CASEY wiped the sweat off his brow as he stepped back from the punching bag. The metal chain attached to the bag creaked as it swung back and forth, the sound irritating him. Looking down at his hands, Casey frowned at his bloody knuckles, the young shadowhunter realising that he hadn't even felt the pain.

Not bothering with a healing rune Casey made his way to the porthole at the edge of his room, scoffing at the view from it. He longed to leave this god forsaken prison. He had tried to map out every possible exit, until he realised that there were none. The entire boat was sealed with a lethal protection spell meaning that the Morgenstern twins were trapped.

It made Casey sick how much attention his father gave to him. He made him train with him, eat with him and he had even tried to have some type of heart to heart with Casey which resulted in the young boy breaking his fathers nose. But Valentine was even more stubborn than Casey, and he refused to give up on having some sort of father son relationship with him.

Casey spent most of his time glued to Jace's side, afraid that if they were apart for too long he would lose him and be completely alone. The few moments in between that he was not with Jace, Casey kept himself occupied with other activities - boxing for example. Anything to keep his mind off Alec.

The young shadowhunter's attention moved from the water below to the sounds that were reaching his ears. The sound of someone groaning in pain.

"Jace." As the name fell from Casey's lips he threw open his door and bounded down the corridors, following the sound of his brothers voice. He was led to the bottom deck, facing a metal door.

Now that he was closer he heard the sounds clearer. A series of what sounded like punches followed by rattling of chains and the groaning of his brother. Stepping back Casey unsheathed his seraph blade, the familiar glow warming his bloodied fingers. Running forward, Casey raised his foot and kicked the door hard, causing it to fall off its hinges, the ground shaking as the metal clanged against it.

Those within the room stopped and turned to face the eldest Morgenstern, even the strongest of the men feeling a sense of fear as they saw the fire burning in his eyes. The power this man was exhibiting was more than a normal shadowhunter could ever hope to have, and every person in that room had made him angry.

Fury burned through his veins as he saw Jace hanging from chains in the middle of the room, bloody and beaten. But he still raised his head and met his brother's eyes and he watched as the man nearest to Casey made the mistake of attempting to attack him. In one fluid movement, Casey drove his blade through the mans chest without no hesitation that it almost frightened Jace as he saw how nonchalantly he watched the body fall to the floor.

Two men stepped forward this time and as Casey kicked one in the chest, he slit the throat of the other. Wiping the blood of the two dead bodies onto the back of his jeans, Casey lunged at the man he had previously kicked and plunged his blade into his chest immediately, drawing his body count to three in under a minute.

Just as the others made their way to attack Casey a voice sliced through the room, footsteps following.

"Casey that's enough." Valentine shouted, placing his hand on his son's shoulder. Growling, Casey whirled round and placed his blade to his father's throat, the blood of the third man dripping down his neck now. Valentine's men stepped forward, but he merely raised a hand and the backed down.