Acquaintances

The dark-haired boy rushed into the hallways just a little too late. Only a smaller boy was still present, though he was already turning to leave. "Hey! Wait!", Roger shouted. At this, the smaller boy looked at him curiously, as he had never seen the other before. "I'm new here. Could you tell me where the choir practice is held?" Unconsciously Simon nodded, he remembered there was a new boy to arrive this week. "Sure. I'm also part of the choir, just follow me.", he told the new boy, then he tilted his head pondering for a while. "I'm afraid, I can't recall your name right now. Anyways, I'm Simon.", he introduced himself, while they hurried to reach their practice room. "Roger", the taller boy muttered curtly.

Just before they arrived at their destination, Simon softly grabbed his new acquaintance and advised him in a hushed whisper: "The ginger boy in there, is Jack Merridew. He's our Chapter Chorister. Watch out for him and if you want to be comfortable here, do not under any circumstances make him angry." The taller boy was on the brink of lashing out at the smaller one. People telling him what to do, had always been something to anger him. If he complied, it would always be on his own terms - mostly without the other person realising it, but that was a different story. Yet, as he turned towards the other boy, taking in his soft touch and the caring glint in Simon's green orbs, he restrained himself from acting out his first instinct. A warm feeling was spreading in his body instead. Filling his body in a comforting warmth, till it reached from his toes to his face. There, a faint smile made its appearance, he wasn't used to someone caring about him, so his smiles were rare. Simon however, immediately managed to soften the usually so tough boy. Nevertheless Roger forced the smile away and put on a bored expression, before following the smaller boy inside.