Chapter 6 : my first meal

We made our way back to the village. A fire was started at the center of the village and give male hunters were around it with a deer- like creature hanging above it. "Stay here, they don't like to share their spoils after a hunt. I'll talk to see if u can grab a bite" Scar said putting his arm in front of me. I nodded in response and sat on the ground. Scar went up to the group and and they bowed before him. He talks to them in a foreign language that I think is their own. I sat their and caught up with my thoughts. I can't believe they exist. I feel like shit next to one of them. How can I be the chosen one? Why me? I just want to go ho- I was interrupted when Scar came to me. " I talked with my friends over there. You can eat with them." I approach them with nervousness of course. I took a large chunk of  meat from the creature. I smelled it and it was good. It smells like beef.  Hope it tastes like it. I took a bite and it did! I was so happy that my first taste of food was this. "Thank You for the food" said I. "No problem, just don't think this'll happen again" one of the predators responded. I felt scared. "What Do you mean by that" I asked. The group started laughing. I could tell by the way their madibles were moving franticly. "What's so funny, huh?" I asked with an attitude. Scar even chuckled behind me. "Don't worry, soon you'll learn to hunt." I turned around "how soon would that be?" I asked. He replie "Now"