Chapter 5: A Kiss

*Laurance's POV*

We stared at each other awkwardly. Most everyone had gotten bored of no one picking pairs, and went into the kitchen. So, it was just me, Lucinda, Aphmau, Kawaii~Chan, and...

...Garroth.

We were so close to winning, too! Aph just needed to kiss someone else, then we would've won! Not having to endure this torture.

Garroth's hands shook, as he mouthed an 'I'm sorry' to me. I gulped, leaning in closer to Garroth. His cheeks were a pinkish-colour, and my face felt hot.

"Can you two just hurry up and kiss already?" Lucinda's alluring voice asked, obviously getting irritated.

"Hush, Lucinda~Chan! Don't rush and ruin Kawaii~Chan's ship!" I heard the pink-haired Meif'wa speak.

I locked my gaze with Garroth, our faces only inches apart. We were both flustered and unsure what to do. Garroth closed his eyes, and what he next surprised me.

I felt his hands hold onto my cheeks, pulling me even closer. Before I could react, I felt a pair of lips smash onto my own. Everything went silent, and I felt like the room was entirely empty. I just sat there, wide-eyed, and felt his lips on mine. It felt completely unexplainable, and I couldn't describe it with any other words.

My best friend was kissing me...

After what seemed like an eternity, Garroth's eyes fluttered open. He realized that our lips were still locked together- and quickly pulled them away. He still kept his hands on my cheeks, staring into my eyes.

*Garroth's POV*

It felt so surreal.

The butterflies that were in my stomach earlier, continued to flutter. My heart was beating heavily, and I felt like I was going to fall unconscious.

I opened my eyes, to see Laurance just staring at me.

How long have I been in this trance?

I glanced down, to notice our lips were locked together. I pulled away, realizing this wasn't a dream. I kept my hands on his cheeks, staring into his eyes.

I just kissed my best friend...

I froze, unable to move. Laurance was breathing heavily in front of me, not moving from my grasp. I just gazed at him.

Why isn't he moving away from me?

"Okay, you lovebirds! Calm down a bit, will ya?!" I snapped back into reality, when a hand waved in front of mine and Laurance's faces. I shook my head, dropping my hands from Laurance's face. I backed up a bit, looking towards Lucinda- who was the one waving a hand in front of us. A smirk played along her bright red lips, as she looked in between us.

"So...Laurance...Garroth...what was that..?" Aphmau asked, curiously. I glanced at her, to notice an almost frozen Kawaii~Chan in her arms.

"Yeah... Since when were you two a thing..?" Lucinda held her smirk, putting a hand on her hip.

I felt heat rush up to my face, as I gazed at Laurance. He was merely looking at me with bright pink cheeks. I wanted to answer Lucinda, to tell her it was false...but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I wrapped my arms around my knees, burying my face into them. I wanted to die, right then and there.

Garroth! You've been such an idiot, lately!

"We aren't a thing, Lucy," Laurance replied sternly. "We were just playing the game."

I didn't bother looking up, just kept my face in my knees.

"Then how do you explain that kiss, then?! That was the longest out of everyone here," I heard Lucinda say.

I looked up briefly, to see Laurance with his arms crossed, and glaring at Lucinda. She was returning the glare, her crimson eyes narrowed. She looked absolutely menacing.

I looked in the direction of Aphmau. I gave her a pleading gaze, and she nodded knowingly. She tapped Lucinda's shoulder, whispering something into her ear. I rested my head on my knees, watching as Lucinda's face turned red- almost matching her eye colour. She hastily nodded, leaving the living room. Aphmau hurriedly scurried over to me. Laurance stayed where he was, staring off into space.

"Hey, Garroth. I'm sorry. I didn't expect this to end up like this," Aphmau wrapped her arms around my shoulders, whispering to me.

"I-It's fine, Aph." I looked over at Laurance, who was attempting to revive a Kawaii~Chan that died from fangirling. While he was busy with her, I stood up and grabbed Aphmau's hand, dragging her up to her room.

"Garroth? Why in the name of Irene did you drag me into my room?" Aphmau put a hand on her hip, as I sat in the closest chair I could find. I put my hands on my forehead, sighing.

Should I tell her..?

No...not now. No need to ruin her party.

"Aph..," I could hear her moving to sit on her bed, "...what did you tell Lucinda?"

"I told her to keep quiet about the whole you and Laurance thing, or else I'll spill her secret. I know how uncomfortable you get with rumours being spread about you. I'll tell KC to keep quiet about it, once she comes back to us. Now, Garroth..," I removed my hands, looking towards Aphmau. Her hands were behind her, as she leaned back on her bed, "...you and Laurance, huh?"

I felt heat rise to m cheeks, as I quickly shook my head. "No, stop! It's not what you're thinking! I don't get why you guys are making a big deal over something so small! Mostly everyone at this party, had to kiss someone else here. I don't know why you, Lucinda, and KC are exagerrating it."

"Because~" Aphmau sang, walking over to me. She leaned in close to my face, smiling at me. "Garroth, do you know how long you kissed Laur-"

Aphmau was interrupted by her room door opening.

"Hey, what's going on in- Woah! What's going in here, lady and gent? Care to explain?" Travis said from Aph's doorway.

I have never been more glad for Travis to walk in on something.

"Nothing as exciting as whatever your perverted mind was thinking, Travis," Aphmau said, as she moved away from me. Travis put a hand over his mouth, dramatically gasping.

"Were you cheating on Katelyn, Aphmau?!"

Aphmau rolled her eyes, lightly shoving Travis out of the room. "Katelyn and I aren't dating, Travis."

"You sure~" Travis sang, holding onto the edges of the doorway.

"Yes, Travis. The day I date Katelyn, will be the day you admit that you have a crush on Zane."

I tried to hold back a laugh, ultimately failing. Travis' face grew red, as he crossed his arms.

"Low blow, Aphmau. I guess I'll never see the day, BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!" Travis defensively stated, storming off. Aphmau started laughing, snorting a bit.

"You ship them, too?" I asked her, receiving a grin.

"They're my second OTP."

"Can you even-"

"Don't question it, Garroth," Aphmau chuckled a bit more.

Wait, did she say...'second OTP'?

"Wait, Aph...'second OTP'? What's the first then?"

Aphmau chuckled nervously, stepping slightly out the door.

"Welp, time to go. Seeya, Garroth!" Aphmau dashed down the hall, and I attempted to run after her.

I can only imagine what her first OTP is. Dork.