Chapter 40: Mistakes Were Made

*Laurance's POV*

Of course he's here... I don't think Garroth's spotted him, yet.

Good...

What the Hell, are Gene and his goons, doing at a dance?

They're up to something...

"Laurance? Are you alright?" Garroth looked up at me, clearly worried. "You were kind of staring off into space. You feeling okay?"

"Hm?" I looked down at Garroth, giving a pseudo smile. "Oh, I'm fine, Love. Say, let's go get some sweets! I saw some cupcakes at the dessert bar!"

"O-okay!" Garroth nodded, trailing behind me.

I lead him over to the dessert bar. Garroth's eyes lit up, as he saw the large variety of sweets. The first thing he grabbed, was a cupcake, before he turned to look at me.

"It's free, Sweetheart. I asked Aphmau. You can have whatever you'd like. Just, don't take everything," I winked at him, and a small blush appeared on his cheeks.

"I-I'm fine w-with j-just the one," Garroth smiled, giggling a little.

"Hey, you fine by yourself for a few minutes? I want to go ask Dante something."

"S-sure!" Garroth nodded, going back to admiring his cupcake.

I nodded back, going to find Dante. He was in a group, of him, Vylad, Travis and Zane. Wait, Zane?! What was he doing here? This is definitely not his scene. Especially being around Travis and Dante.

"Hey, Laurance! Glad to see you here!" Travis exclaimed, taking a sip of his punch. "Where's Garroth?"

"He doesn't have to be with me every second of the day," I retorted. "But, he's at the dessert bar."

"There's a dessert bar?!" I could see Zane's blue eye light up.

"Uh, yeah," Travis answered. "It's just over there."

"Welp, I'm done here. See you never, losers," Zane strolled off, to the direction Travis was pointing.

"Hey, Laurance! It's been a while," Vylad smiled at me, outstretching his hand to me.

"Nice to see you, Vylad," I took his hand, shaking it. "So, how are you guys doing?" I gestured between Vylad and Dante.

"What can be better, than being around your amazing fiancé?" Dante wrapped his arm around Vylad's waist, leaning his head on his.

"D'aww, you two are adorable," I cooed. "But, Vylad, do you mind if I steal Dante for just a moment? I need to talk to him about something."

"Sure," Vylad smiled.

"I'm glad I had a say, in you giving me away, Vylad," Dante rolled his eyes, earning a giggle from Vylad.

I grabbed Dante's wrist, pulling him away from Vylad and Travis. I stopped, when we were in a semi-private area. I turned off my gleeful facadę, glaring at Dante.