Chapter 2 - Attempts

Sara got out of Adrian's arms and the bed and made her way to the bathroom. After brushing her teeth and washing her face and walked down to the kitchen, seeing that Adrian was still asleep and that he'd been making his own breakfast for the last three years, she decided to make his favourite, chocolate crepes. She began to pull out the ingredients, though she did have some trouble remembering where some of the things were but she eventually found them.

She was so engrossed in cooking that she didn't notice Adrian coming down and sneaking up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Morning love." He greeted.

"Morning." Sara replied and turned around, placing a chaste kiss on his lips. Adrian smiled playfully, before attacking her neck with kisses again as Sara laughed.

"You're so beautiful." He complimented her.

"Hey! Stop, I already have so many red marks on my neck, my parents are coming today!" She exclaimed, gently pushing him away.

"Well, they can see how much I love you." Adrian smirked, kissing her forehead before moving away. He grabbed plates for both of them and the two ate their breakfast and then began to clean the house, Sara's parent's flight was due to arrive in 3 hours so they had to be ready to pick them up from the airport.

____________

Demetri let out a bored sigh as the four guards of the Volturi settled down in the private jet. Instead of going home, he'd much rather be out there, tracing his singer. It had been  4 days and countless amount of snacks, but his throat still burned.

This was a very foreign feeling to Demetri, he'd never felt something like this, something so intense and painful. Yet, he couldn't help but like this feeling. He loved the excitement that shot through his body when he smelled her. The hunger he felt, how much he wanted her. It was overwhelming. As tiring this game of cat mice was going to be, he was still excited to play it. He looked out the window, tapping his fingers against the armrest, thinking of when he would finally quench his thirst.

_____________

Sara sighed as she hugged her mother goodbye, their stay had abruptly ended when they'd received a call from Australia, her grandfather had been hospitalized.

"Take care of him Dad." She smiled, and hugged her father as her mother hugged Adrian. Sara's mother adored Adrian, both of her parents approved of her and Adrian's relationship and it was more than she could ask for.

"I will, stay safe, Seattle isn't as safe as it used to be." He replied, patting her head. Adrian came up behind her and put one arm around her waist, pulling her into his side. "Adrian, take good care of my daughter." Her father laughed, giving him a pat on the shoulder and her mother gave her one last kiss on the forehead before the two headed inside the boarding area.

"Well, I guess it's just us for the next five days, what do you want to do today?" Adrian asked, as they walked back to their car. "Let's just stay home and watch Criminal Minds." Sara smiled, and Adrian laughed, agreeing.

_____________

Adrian hurried as he set everything up, he'd sent Sara to have bath while he prepared everything. He got the table ready for the both of them, with two of her favorite dishes they ordered at home and a few lit candles along with some rose petals. Taking a shuddering breath he mumbled to himself, "Pull it together Adrian. It's just another night" he exhaled.

His head snapped up when he heard the door of their room opening and saw Sara coming down. "How was the bath?" He smiled. "Relaxing" Sara gave a content sigh and came towards him. "What's the occasion?" She asked when she saw the decorated table with twinkling eyes. "Nothing. It's been awhile since we had a nice romantic dinner. I thought why not?" He chuckled. "It's beautiful" Sara grinned as she tip toed to kiss the love of her life. "Come on" he mumbled against her lips, reluctantly pulling away. He pulled out the chair for Sara making her chuckle fondly at how much of a gentleman he always was. He sat down himself, in front of her and they began their dinner.