Chapter .3

Yet with all this, she could never know the trouble and pain she caused him.

"I have a name you know, it's Lynn." I muttered, sitting in what I now know to be Day's apartment. The room was at the exact top of a highrise apartment complex, the penthouse suite. The whole room had a strange warmth despite the cool colors on all four walls.

The place was oddly modern, contradicting the surrounding neighborhood which consisted of white picket fence and 70's style ranch type houses. Even the apartment below us seemed older than the place. It was like someone had taken Day's home from another area and just dropped in on the roof of this old, shabby apartment without any explanation

I clutched my hands together in nervousness. I had never been inside a boy's apartment, especially not a god's. I couldn't grasp the thought of what was going to happen to me next.

"Lynn, huh?" Day grinned, leaning in close. "It's a cute name, unlike you."

Before I could shoot something back, Moon's voice echoed from the kitchen. "Be a little kinder to our guest, teasing her isn't going to get us anywhere." Something was different about the tone, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I nearly jumped out of my skin as a guy with longish black-to-white ombre hair emerged from where the voice came from. He was carrying a tray with tea and looked tired with bags under his eyes. He was slightly shorter than me, and had the same blue shocking eyes as Day. He had big, round glasses leaning against his nose, too big for his face like they were purely for the aesthetic appeal. He looked younger, maybe sixteen or seventeen and gave off an aura filled with comfort.

"Thanks Moon," Day said as the boy set the tray down on the coffee table in front of the couch I was situated at.

"What?" I asked, surprised."This is Moon? The cat?"

They both glimpsed at me with this blank stare and then exchanged a mutual look of disappointment.

"Well, it's not like we really needed to hide it," Moon told Day, disregarding me entirely.

Somehow, I wasn't surprised. With everything that had happened so far, this seemed almost lame by comparison.

Moon set down the tray and took a seat next to me on the couch and I felt my face grow warmer as he sprawled out. Here I was, alone in an apartment, with two strangers. It didn't help that they were both male.

"Anyway," Day started. "To put it simply, Moon here is a demon which pretty much means that he can either be a human or a cat. Also, he transforms into a sword when I want him to. He pretty much sticks with me all the time."

"A demon? Why did he lead me here then?" I asked looking from one to another. "Why wasn't he with you then?"

"Good question."

We both turned to look at Moon, who was sipping his tea quietly. Expecting him to say something, but instead we waited in silence

He darted his eyes, trying to take in everything but our glares.

"I think I'll make a new batch of tea," Moon whispered, getting up from the couch and disappearing into the kitchen. An air of panic wavered from his voice.

Day looked a little confused and rubbed the back of his head. "Don't mind him, he likes to be secretive about some things and it's best to not get involved. Just don't bring it up again."

I nodded in response.

"I'm sorry that you have to learn all of this so quickly. You must be extremely overwhelmed but just bare with me for now." He eased, then stopped completely. "I don't know where to start with this, but sweetheart, you are very powerful. People are going to be looking for you if this gets out."