Chapter .8

The light will dim, and the Moon will hide, the boat she sails will capsize.

It's been a week and Day won't let me leave the house anymore since the incident. He didn't trust me before, and definitely not anymore In the nights he goes as far as locking my bedroom door so I've just been just trapped with my thoughts. I only can remember vague flashes of memory from that night, and each brings nauseated anxiety.

~

My eyes flew open, and I shot upright in my bed. I was drenched in a cold sweat and my body was shaking. I had a dream of being inside of a completely white room, with a long window stretching across one wall. Through this window I watched myself kill Kasai over and over again while I screamed for someone to do something. The latch to the door turned, and Day flew into the room.

"What the hell are you screaming about?! It's like two AM!" He said. His mere presence brought a sense of security to me despite his angry demeanor and I slowed my breathing as he trotted over to my bedside.

"It was a nightmare, I'm fine now." I told Day, lying through my teeth, I wasn't okay at all.

"God, don't go screaming like your being killed. It scared Moon and I half to death and I thought something had got into the house." He grumbled, shuffling out of the room. I let my head fall back into my pillow to calm myself. Day came back in, carrying a glass of water. He placed it beside me and turned to leave.

"If you need anything, just ask." He said before closing the door and I had a slight suspicion he wasn't being genuine. I listened to his footsteps disappear down the hall and into his bedroom before swinging my legs over the side of my bed. I pulled on my clothes as quietly as I could, somehow knowing that I wouldn't be back to that room anytime soon. I turned the handle to my bedroom door, surprisingly finding that Day had forgotten to lock it. I needed to get some fresh air and my mind was set on going out onto the deck. I had to clear my head. I tiptoed down the hallway to the kitchen and slid the glass door open. The semi-warm air felt fantastic and not being outside in a week gave me a sense of freedom. With each deep breath, my gut started to sink; I needed to get home. I had killed a god, and now I'm causing trouble for both Day and Moon. This was all my fault. If I were to leave, everything would be fine for them, right?

Thoughts like these swirled through my head, causing me to shudder. I decided on one simple task; I was going to go home. I scanned the deck for some means of escape, as I already knew that I wouldn't be able to get down that elevator without Day noticing and shoving me back into that awful room. Fortunately, I spotted a long escape ladder running down the side of the building and didn't think twice before hopping the railing and descending down into the street. My brain was jumbled and I just wanted to run away as far as I could. When I hit the pavement, a sudden shock hit me. This wasn't something I would normally do, but it felt so right to try to keep Day and Moon from reaping the consequences of my actions. I had to erase myself as the problem from their lives, and they probably would be glad that I left. I let the urge take over and I bolted down the street running as fast as my legs could carry me.

I stopped to catch my breath, finding myself on the edge of a little park with a playground in the centre. I tiredly made my way towards the swing set before setting myself down in one of the leather seats. I closed my eyes and imagined my true home. The little apartment that I lived in while going to the local college. My place was nothing like the swanky and modern flat that Day lived in, but I craved sleeping in my own bed without the worry of something coming to kill me, or the guilt that was crushing my heart. I wondered if anyone had noticed that I was gone, or if time just stood still while I was in this other world. I began to cry, and cry, until I could feel my eyes puffing up. I took a deep breath to try to calm myself. It surely wasn't healthy to be crying so much, and it seemed like an ongoing thing ever since I appeared here.

I spotted in the corner of my eye, a blue light. It was the same ocean blue of Day's eyes. I felt the rush in my stomach and I knew I had to go towards the light. Just looking at it eased my emotions. I arose from the swing and began to walk across the grassy area towards the treeline in which the light was coming from. As I neared it, I had fully calmed down and was bathing in the blue hue. It was a blue fox glowing like the rogue spirit that we had seen in the week prior, but this one was so much more beautiful. It was radiating a water-like vapour that shimmered and faded as it dispersed along four long tails. For a moment I was frozen as we exchanged stares.

"You don't know the Day I know," The fox said, the voice not coming from anywhere in particular, "His past is darker than you would believe. I've brought you here to find a way for you to escape back to your original home. You must believe me, your life will be on the line if you go back to that killing machine. Lynn, you just have to trust me."