Chapter .9

She drowns in the fiery blue sea of false dreams.

"Please believe me," the fox pleaded as the blue smoke pours out its mouth, "you don't know what Day has done in the past."

It was true. I had never bothered with, or even considered his past. Somehow I've only been focused on my own selfish thoughts all this time.

"Years ago, I was working with Day in the position that Moon is in now. I want to say a hundred years ago, but it could be more." The fox continued to breathe out more and more smoke before it completely surrounded him to the point that he was gone from my line of sight.

"I don't want to frighten you, but I feel it would be easier to talk to you this way." As he said that, the blue screen dematerialized into nothing revealing a person in the place that the fox was sitting. His face was like a blank slate, simply a black hole to my consciousness. I knew he had facial features but it was unrecognizable as if my mind had completely block it from my memory. Just like the fox, he had four deep blue tails that matched the long shoulder length hair on his head.

"I don't know how you'll take this, but back then Day was a psychopath. He... He massacred an entire village in his rage, and ended up killing four gods that tried to stop him. What I'm really trying to say is that I was forced to help him kill all those people..." Everything came out so emotionlessly. For all I knew I could be talking to a robot.

"I just don't want you to make the same mistakes that I have. I want to help you escape."

"This is all so sudden..." I breathe, beginning to feel myself sweat

"Do you know why Day acts the way that he does?" The boy doesn't leave any room for me to think as he spills what seems like all the answers to my questions. "All the other gods can't stand to be in his presence. They can't take that one of their own would commit such heinous crimes to all those innocent people. You would think that he would be killed or locked away for his shame, but for some godforsaken reason, they let him off with just the anger and isolation from everyone."

My head spun with a thousand questions to this all-knowing creature and my anger started to grow.

"I've been watching you all this time, since the first steps that you took out of that alleyway. Both Day and Moon have done this to you to get back at the other gods. They want to use your power by luring you into this world and cause you to snap with your Antigod powers," He spoke, "I don't know how they've done it, but we need to get you out of here."

My mind was fuzzy, but for once everything made sense. Moon not wanting to talk about how he lured me here, the secret room in the apartment, the two going out at ungodly hours, they have just been trying to set me up. They tested me against Kasai to see just how powerful I was. All the missing pieces are coming together to form the real picture; it's all been lies. I've been too infatuated with Day to realize his ulterior motives and it made me want to scream.

"I want him dead." I stuttered, barely believing what just came out of my mouth.

"Day?" The fox boy muttered, "But that's too dangerous and we need to get you home..."

"I don't care!" I screamed.

"If you want to go through with this we must work together, but on one condition. I'm a demon like Moon. Day is far stronger than you believe him to be. You'll have to create a partner bond with me or neither of us with have a chance at any sort of revenge. For the time before we can get you back home, I'll be part of you, and you'll be part of me. You'll be able to use my power, and I'll be able to use yours. Does this sound reasonable?"

"It does," I assure him.

"Do you agree to all this, that you want my partnership to kill the man who has manipulated you?"

"I agree." The words slip confidently off my tongue and for a split second I wonder if it was truly the right choice. I couldn't take back my thoughts as a flash of blue light confirms the deal. The fox was no longer there, but I could feel his presence.

"My name is Corro, and together we will stop at nothing to save Bay City from the true beast." A voice inside my head rang. I perceived that something was different. I held some sort of extra weight that wasn't there before, but I felt fantastic. The power that I before believed that I had lacked, was now as present as it could be. Held weightlessly in my grasp, was a jagged sword cut out of a piece of blue amethyst. It radiated a cool blue fire which trailed off into a line of mist. The weapon itself looked like it weighed more than myself, but I held it without effort. I admired the way the crystals shone in the moonlight and palmed the leather clad handle between my fingers. On the heel of the handle was a small collection of symbols; a moon, a shooting star, a sun, and a candle.

"What are these?" I whisper to myself.

"You'll find out soon enough," said Corro's voice from somewhere inside my head, "you don't need to ask any questions."

"I don't need to ask any questions." I repeat back to him in my head, still palming the weapon in front of me. A ocean of true happiness washed over me; everything's finally coming together.