Recovery

It was a while before they were all back at the temple at the same time. Most of the time someone was on some assignment somewhere. Anakin kept his promise though during it. Caleb however, spent most of the time in a Bacta Tank after he was injured during the battle of Kardoa. Therefore he was excused from his training until the council cleared him.

Caleb woke up surprised to find not only his master but also Master Mace Windu. He was scared to let them know. However, he should have known Depa already knew.

"He's awake master." Depa said smiling.

"But, should he be removed yet?" Mace asked.

"I recommend one more day at the least. A week at most. If I remove him now he'll need a week to recover anyways." The med droid suggested.

"And what of removal tomorrow?" Mace asked.

"Depends on how much damaged has healed. He could be fine in a few days on his own. I'll know more than." The droid replies.

"Caleb, I know you're awake and can hear me, my young Padawan. We have to leave you in there a little longer. Do you understand?" Depa ask as she approached the tank.

Caleb nodded.

"Good, my master would like to talk to you once you're out. For now just focus on healing." She told him.

'Why?' Depa heard though her bond with the boy. She smiled at hearing it.

"As inquisitive as always even after I almost lost you. What do you mean by why?" Depa asked.

"He can already speak to you? I didn't think you two had been together long enough for that." Mace said.

"Master him speaking to me like he is now is what woke me up after six months. That's part of why I chose him." Depa replied.

'Why does he want to talk to me master?' Depa heard Caleb again.

"I'll let him explain why." She told her Padawan. She knew her old master could be intimidating to most, but he was Caleb's grand master. These type of talks were unavailable. "He wants to know why you want to talk to him."

"Look kid..." Mace started.

"He's asking you to please not call him that. He doesn't like being called Kid." Depa said laughing a little.

"Fine then, look Padawan Dume. Is that better?" Mace asked with an eye roll. He couldn't believe he was being corrected by a fourteen year old Padawan in a bacta tank like this.

"He says much better thank you." Depa translated.

"I just want to talk to you about your recklessness. I'd prefer to talk to you directly though and in person. Although I have to admit I'm impressed that you two can already talk like this. Your master and I couldn't do this until we had been together for a year." Mace explained.

"He says that he'll be waiting. Not with much enthusiasm I might add, but he'll get over it." Depa says.

The two masters come by and check on him each day. Three days later they let him out. Shockingly it was the clone Stance that woke him up this time to be pulled out. He was shocked to learn the clone had stayed with him anytime his master wasn't able to.

Caleb walked back to his masters quarters with the clone.

"Thanks Stance." The young Jedi said.

"Anything for you Padawan. I have to go tell the rest of our battalion your out. They like to stay updated on our littlest members status." Stance says.

"I'd be careful. I still out rank most of you guys." Caleb says. "Although I'm not looking forward to what I have to do before I get the clearance to get back out there with you guys."