The Scars We Carry

Billaba's troops all stood around an up turned pile of dirt. Caleb stood in front of Depa. She had one arm around his neck for both his emotional support and her physical support. They had lost one of their own. Styles was holding Stance's while Gray held Stance's helmet.

Styles buried about a half a foot of the barrel of the rifle at the head of Stance's grave. Then Gray gently placed the helmet on the butt of the rifle.

"Any words General Billaba or Lieutenant Dume?" Commander Gray asked.

Caleb looked down and shook his head no. At the moment he couldn't bring himself to speak. Too much had just happened to him. This was the first time he had lost a friend and the first time he had actually killed someone.

"Stance's sacrifice and actions will not be forgotten. Caleb and I owed him our deepest gratitude for them. Because of his efforts many lives were saved including my Padawan here's." Depa replied.

"He was a good friend." Caleb finally said in a whispered voice.

"And a great soldier and comrade." Another clone added. "He saved your life."

"That he did, and I couldn't save his in return." Caleb said.

"At least you killed his killer." Styles replied.

"There's no glory in that." The Padawan said.

"There's no glory in any kill no matter what the reasoning behind it is." Billaba replied. She then dismissed the troops.

"You ok Padawan?" Depa asked Caleb.

"Not really, and neither are you master." Caleb replied.

"I know, but you just went through a lot. Losing a friend and making your first kill could tempt any Jedi to the dark side." She remarks.

"I was tempted , but it was too easy to give in. Besides that not a life I want to live." He replied.

Depa was very proud of her Padawan in that moment.

"Caleb, while I'm healing the council is sending someone over to sub for me. Whoever you're with treat them as if they were me." Depa said suddenly as they approached the Med Star.

"There not sending me out without you are they?" Caleb asked.

"No, I insisted that they didn't. You're not ready to go back into the field yet anyways. You have your own scars that need to heal first. This is just someone for you to train with." His master replied.

"I'll be fine by myself master. I've got the clones to keep me company." The Padawan responded.

"Typically I'd agree with you, but given the current situation, and how young you still are the council and I think this is best for you right now." Depa explains.

"I understand master." Caleb replies.

"And Caleb, my young Padawan, what you said about the temptation of the dark side. Remember that, especially when this war is over. It will return and maybe harder to resist as you get older." Depa warned Caleb.

•The next chapter was either have Luminara or Mace in it. Obi Wan and Anakin will definitely both make an appearance in the next two chapters. In fact whoever of the first two is not the sub in the next chapter will be the sub in chapter after that. So who do you want to be the sub first. Leave your thoughts on who and why in your review. Also if anyone has an idea on what they talk about please PM me.

•May The Force Be With You Always

•Cass