Chapter 2

Leo followed the other first years into the Great Hall for the choosing ceremony where the hat would sort them into one of the four houses. He looked around at all the people watching them as the head master gave a speech and told them the rules.

"This is so boring." Some one whispered to him.

"Shhh. We have to listen he might say something important." 

"So you're one of those teachers pets." The kid snickered.

"No!"

The teacher that had led them inside turned and glared at him before turning back around, she sat the sorting hat on a stool and started listing names off alphabetically. Leo saw that some kids were nervous and to distract himself tried to guess what houses they'd be put into. He didn't even notice that the teacher had skipped over his name until only three others were still standing beside him. 

"I hear we have the decendents of this school's founders with us this year." The head master announced.

Everyone who hadn't been paying attention looked up at them and it was completely silent.

"Leo Gryffindor step forward." The teacher said placing the hat on his head.

"Gryffindor!" The sorting hat shouted.

The people at the Gryffindor table cheered and he walked down to their table. before

He sat quietly and watched the others get sorted into their own houses. Kaliyah Slytherin was placed in Slytherin, Brandon Ravenclaw was in Ravenclaw, and Gilbert Hufflepuff was placed in Hufflepuff. Leo wondered if that was because of their personality or if they were just placed there because of who their ancestors were. He didn't have time to ask because as soon as Kaliyah had sat down food appeared in front of them and everyone one was talking and asking him a bunch of questions.

"So you're Godrick Gryffindor descendant.... cool."

"Uh... yeah sure." He replied.

"Do you think the teachers will give you special attention?"

"No."

"Are you sure you should be in Gryffindor? You seem kind of shy."

"The sorting hat said this is my house... who are you anyway you sound like a Ravenclaw."

"I'm Kelsey Adeline. My parents were in Ravenclaw but I guess I'm a Gryffindor girl."

After they ate the prefects led them to their dormitories and told them the password to get in, Leo saw that their dormitory was covered by a picture of a fat lady holding a glass. He walked up the stairs to the boy's dormitory and put his stuff away before studying his schedule.