Chapter 4

Gilbert walked to the Defense Against Dark Arts room along with the rest of his class. When they got there they saw the famous Harry Potter standing beside Draco Malfoy.

            “Welcome class.” Draco greeted them. “This as you probably know is Harry Potter. He will visit occasionally to help out at the school.”

            “Hello everyone, you must be Hufflepuff.” Harry said while Draco gave him a contemptuous look.

            Gilbert noticed and wondered if something happened while they were at school when they were children to make him hate Harry. He listened to Harry tell them about simple spells and explaining how to pronounce each word.

            “Will you show us the patronous you have?” Someone asked.

            “If we have time Potter can show you.” Draco told him.

            “Can you show us the spell?” The girl beside Gilbert asked.

            “Of course take out your wands.” Harry told them.

            They listened and followed the directions on how to cast the disarming spell then Draco had them partner up and practice. Gilbert got up to find a partner and saw someone in his face; he backed away quickly and saw it was Leya Sarala, another Hufflepuff.

            “Hey want to be my partner?”

            “Uh, sure…” He stuttered.

            There was an audible sigh from some of the people nearby who were going to ask him the same thing but Gilbert ignored them. His parents had warned him to be careful of who he became friends with because some people would only act like his friend because of who he was related to. To Gilbert this meant that he ether had to be the first one to start the friendship or ignore everyone’s attempt to be their friend. He didn’t realize Leya had been talking to him until she took his wand.

            “Hey why’d you do that?”

            “I was asking you if you were going to try disarming me first or if I’ll try it first.”

            “Oh… well you can then.”

            “What’s wrong you blanked out.”

            “Sorry, I was thinking about something my parents told me.”

            “Homesick?”

            “No not really. Just some words of advice.”

            “Well then take your wand and back up so I can practice.”

            Gilbert took his wand and walked to the half way point in the room and she aimed her wand at him, one second he was standing there and the next he was on the floor by the wall. She ran over to him along with Draco and he sat up.

            “Are you okay Gilbert? I must not have aimed my wand right.”

            “Next time you should be more careful or someone could get hurt.” Draco scolded.

            “No it’s okay I’m fine, just some bruises.”

            He got up and brushed some dust off his robes before putting his wand away, the rest of the class had stopped practicing to see what happened. Embarrassed, Gilbert tried to avoid them on his way back to the desk, but being related to a founder and flying into a wall made it hard to go unnoticed.

            “Okay class, that’s all for today.” Malfoy said. “I want you to practice this spell until you have perfected it. And don’t think you can just pretend you practiced because I will know if you do that.”

            “What about seeing the Patronous?” Leya asked.

            “Right, well it seems we have a few minutes left.” Harry said and took out his wand. “Expecto Patronum!”

            A bright light appeared in the shape of a stage, the class let out an audible sound of awe as in ran around the room before disappearing into thin air.

            “Remember, a Patronous is a vary advanced form of magic, and it’s even harder to make it into an animal, I don’t recommend you try this until your teacher thinks you’re ready.” Harry put away his wand and paused by the door. “Perhaps I’ll come back another day if I’m not busy at my work.”