Chapter 6

Leo glanced at Corwen as he sat down across the room from him and instantly disliked him. The Slytherins seemed cautious of him at first but now, a week later, they worshiped him, even now Leo could see a crowd beginning to form around him as they bombarded him with questions.

            “He would’ve been in Ravenclaw if his parent hadn’t been Voldamort.” Kelsey whispered to him.

            “Probably, I heard all of the teachers just adore him because of how quickly he learns things.” He agreed with a hint of bitterness. “He acts just like his father according to some of the teachers.”

            “They shouldn’t say things like that about a student!” Another Gryffindor exclaimed.

            “All right class enough!” Draco shouted as he glared at them. “Take out your wands, you’re going to practice a patronous charm.”

            “But isn’t that advanced magic?” A Slytherin asked, but Leo could see the ambitious gleam in their eye.

            “Yes, but I am here to monitor you in case you pass out. First you need to think of your happiest memory and focus on it like so,” He used the spell and a wolf appeared, it paced around their professor until he made it disappear with a flick of his wand. “Now, begin.”

            Leo said the charm but there was only a flicker of white, blue light; the Slytherins all shouted in triumph as Corwen made a patronous appear in the shape of a large serpent. He could see Draco leaning against his desk watching them but could tell he’d been paying careful attention to Riddle, now he was squinting suspiciously at the new student as if expecting him to do something else but Corwen just made the spell end and sat down to accept his house’s praise for him.

            Leo decided that the teacher was just being suspicious because of what happened in his past. As they continued class Kelsey made a dove patronous and helped him concentrate enough to get his to turn into the shape of a lion, it roared and Leo made it go away while the others cheered, some even claimed to have known he’d have a lion patronous.

            “I can’t believe it took me all class to get the spell right…” Leo muttered as they walk through the hall.

            “Well it is an advanced spell.” Kelsey reminded him.

            He snorted before replying, “I guess your right, wonder if we’ll need to ever use this spell.”

            “Didn’t you hear? Tommorrow we work with Boggarts.” A boy from his class shouted excitedly before running off to tell everyone else.

            “Well that should be fun.” He said sarcastically.