Yumeno X Reader「Happy Birthday」

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SON YUMENO!! HE DESERVES SM BETTER😤

So have this birthday special! Sorry if Yumeno is ooc

EDIT: Hi sorry guys at the time of writing this I had no idea that Yumeno was non binary, so I went ahead and corrected the chapter to they/them pronouns. Sorry again!

Enjoy~☆
_______________________

You were an executive at the Mafia, and you were on a mission Mori had assigned to you.

After you completed the mission, you spotted a familiar child. It was none other then Yumeno Kyūsaku.

They was sitting alone, in an alley. You decided to walk up to them, but was pulled back by a familiar gloved hand.

"You shouldn't encounter that kid, they're trouble."

Said none other than the short executive Chuuya Nakahara. You were both assigned this mission.

"So are you. I'm going, I'll be fine don't worry."

He sighed in defeat and loosened his grip on your shoulder. You then headed over to the kid and kneeled down to face them.

"Hey Yumeno, remember me?"

You knew Yumeno as you were the one who always brought them food and water when they were contained by the Mafia.

You got to know them a bit better and they were just a kid who seeks happiness in their painful life, and you gave them that.

But that was when you were a lower ranked member in the Mafia. So after you became an executive, you stopped being assigned to give Yumeno their food and water.

Ever since then you never saw the child, yet they never forgot about you.

"(Y-N)-Chan? Is that you?"

"Yes it's me Yumeno! What are you-"

You were cut off by them hugging you tightly.

"I missed you (Y-N)..."

Their voice was barely above a whisper but you could still hear them. You smiled and returned the hug.

"Yumeno, what are you doing all alone? And why do you have cake?"

"Well, I was eating some cake cause it's my birthday-"

They were cut of by you squealing.

"GASP! Happy birthday Yumeno! Here, I'm done my mission so why don't you come home with me and celebrate! We'll have a party!"

Yumeno was shocked. You actually wanted to celebrate their birthday? They were happy that you cared though.

"Come on! I'll invite Chuuya over since he's already here and maybe Elise-chan too-"

"No!"

"Hm? Why not?"

"Because... they hate me. They'll probably not enjoy it very much."

"Yeah, sadly that's true. But it can be just me and you then! We'll have lots of fun ok?"

Yumeno smiled, not a sinister one... a very happy cheerful one. You returned a heart warming smile back.

"Come on, let's go~"

You soon arrived at your apartment and you told Yumeno to wait in the closet.

"Why must I hide here?"

"Because, I have a surprise. No peeking!"

You then ran all over the place gathering birthday decorations and balloons. You pulled out the cake Yumeno had, and added birthday candles to it.

Once you were finished, you gave a sigh of relief and looked at the room proudly.

You then headed over to the closet and opened it up, seeing Yumeno look up at you with curious eyes.

"Ta da!"

You said, as Yumeno walked out and saw the room filled with birthday decorations. Yumeno's mouth hung agape. They were amazed.

"Wow! Is this all for me?"

"Yes! Happy birthday Yumeno!"

You said holding the cake in front of them, the candles already lit.

"Go ahead, make a wish"

"Ok... "

They then closed their eyes, made a wish... and blew out the candles.

You both then decided to just play some games and eat the cake of course.

"Sorry Yumeno, I didn't get you a gift. I didn't know your birthday was today."

"It's ok! The party is the best gift I could ask for"

"That's good."

You then gave Yumeno a heart warming hug, they enjoyed your embrace.

"Happy Birthday, Yumeno."