Eyes Of Innocence: Chapter 2: Warmth.

Sinon/Shino's P.O.V.
The entire ride was embarrassing. People kept looking at us as if we were a couple or something. Kirito- I mean, Kazuto, had made me sit in front of him to keep me warm. Of course I was cold, but he wasn't exactly warm either, so why couldn't I keep him warm instead? "Shino.." He whispered in my ear as he concentrated on the road, "You're awfully quiet." He began a conversation. "Well, who talks while they're on a motorcycle?" I came up with an excuse. "People who are fun." He replied, trying to anger me. "I would so snipe you right now." I huffed.
"Okay, okay, calm down, Ice Queen. No need to get huffy." Kazuto teased. I remained silent for the rest of the ride. Boy, was it the most embarrassing thing in my life.
-
After a few minutes, Kazuto stopped the motorcycle. He got off and offered me a hand to get me off the bike. I lightly pushed his hand away, trying to get him to stop treating me like a kid. He just laughed at my reaction. I stood up by myself, and followed him into his roomy looking house. "My sister is already asleep, if you want you can shower and get something to eat." I turned a little pink at his kind nature. "U-uhm...alright, but could you show me where the extra bedroom is...and the bathroom.." I said quietly. He just grabbed my hand and gave me a quick and quiet tour of the house, he pointed to the bathroom, kitchen, and the room the was across the hall from his room. Kazuto hasn't look at me the entire time we've been here, did I do something wrong? His face is a little red though...did I fluster him?
-
Kirito/Kazuto's P.O.V.
As I showed her the place, I refused to make eye contact with her. Her innocent eyes. It's like she assumes this is normal, or is at least trying to act like it is, to not seem flustered. Either way, she's like a little kid, not knowing the difference between right and wrong, like if staying at a boy's house was normal and okay. Well, it certainly doesn't feel wrong to me. As I thought about that, I blushed a little, and I think Shino noticed it, she tried to sneak a look at my face. I showed her the room that was across from mine and she set her stuff down and grabbed what she needed and quickly headed for the shower, shielding the clothes in her arms from view. I didn't blame her, it was a little strange for her to be a boy's house, thank goodness Suguha lived with me.
-
She emerged after a little while wearing baggy red pajamas. She wasn't much a of the showy type, I'm guessing. A little blush stained her cheeks as she headed into the spare room she was staying in. She looked a little bit embarrassed as she sat on the small chair that was there. I knocked on the open door, just to let her know I was there, and entered. "Is something wrong, Shino?" I asked her. She lifted her head with watery eyes, but with a sad looking smile. "I just...didn't know there were any kind people left in this world...this is so new to me...." She whispered. "You are so different from the other people I have met in my life, they are all cruel, and evil...I've just never been shown so much kindness from a boy before." She said as she rubbed her eyes. I just pat her head. "Well, I'll make sure you'll never be treated with anything but kindness from now on, got that?" I felt heat rise to my cheeks. "O-okay...thanks, Kazuto.." She said softly. She was so much more different than the cold sniper from GGO, looks like you really can't judge a book by its cover. She even stuttered, she spoke softly, everything Sinon wouldn't do...but she still had her quiet personality in there, that is something that was charming about her. "I'll be in my room if you need anything, try to get some rest, okay?" I said as I left closed the door behind me as I left her room.
-
I woke up in the middle of the night, well, morning. It was 2:00 in the morning...I had woken to the sound of a small thud. It gave me a small feeling of anxiety as I stood up. It sounded like it came from Shino's room. I quickly headed for her room and knocked gently enough for her to able to hear. "Shino...?" I heard nothing. I panicked and opened the door, finding Shino still sitting at the chair beside her bed, she must have fallen asleep while she was reading, because the thud was the book that had fallen from her hands. I inhaled roughly, putting a hand in my heart and sighing. "This girl is always giving me heart attacks." I whispered to my self, as I picked up her book and set it on the desk beside her. I didn't think she looked comfortable enough on that chair, so I turned a little bit red as I picked her up gently and set her on the bed. She was so warm...I almost didn't want to put her down. She breathed gently as she slept, the only noise in the room was her steady pace of respiration. I giggled a little as I left the room again, gently closing the door, trying not to disturb her. I then went back to my room as I ran into Suguha, who was for some reason giving me a silly look. I gasped as she had startled me. "Come get your heart attacks here!" She laughed softly. I groaned as I poked her forehead. "What are you doing here, Suguha?!" I whispered back, showing my frustration. "Just checking if the girl you brought home needed protection from you~!" She teased. I could tell Suguha wanted to know more about the situation, so I told her everything about Shino and what had occurred.
-
"I see...well if she needs anything she could always count on me!" Suguha smiled as she went back to her room to sleep. I sighed as I went back to mine, embracing the clutches of sleep. I slept peacefully that night, it was strange..since I had not really been sleeping that well anymore since the SAO situation, but this time was different, I felt more complete.

-
I was originally going to give up on this until yesterday, when I saw how many people actually liked it! So I decided to continue~! I hope more readers will support this fanfiction. Hope you enjoyed this, I'll update soon! Promise this time!