Eyes Of Innocence: Chapter 6: Home.

Sinon/Shino's P.O.V.
I detached the device from my head and I stood up from the bed. I sat there for a good minute, processing all of this crazy stuff that's been happening. It wasn't like me at all to freak out. I can't take this feeling of being meaningless. I don't know what is wrong with me, and I can't take it anymore.
-
He will log out soon, I knew. I ended up calling the people who work in the area of my apartment if the repairs were complete for the door. They said they haven't gotten to it yet. I sighed and told them to call me whenever it was complete and hung up. Out of impulse I grabbed my belongings and left the Kirigaya residence.
-
It needed to be done. I'm not going to be a burden for him or anyone else. Not today, tomorrow, or ever. I was already one for my mother. Even for Shinkawa...in some way.
He would've logged out by now, I bet. Probably being as dense as he is, he'd think it is his fault. I know it's unexpected, but it just didn't feel right. All of this was so sudden and I have no idea what came over me. The problem was...I had nowhere to go. I dropped my bag of stuff on the sidewalk and sat on my knees. "I'm so stupid." I mumbled. What the heck was I thinking. I have nowhere else to go and I don't have a place to stay at anyway. I'm overreacting, too. I don't even know why I stormed out all of a sudden. Nobody did anything wrong. I'm the one who's always wrong. I sighed, being outside GGO for a good bit really has done some things to me. I wish I could go back and snipe some monsters to clear my head. The wind blowing in my face as the force of the bullet was released from its chamber. The adrenaline would course through me like a drug. It was addicting. The perfect impact of the bullet buried into something's skull. It's exciting. Or at least it was. I can barely remember it now. All I remember is running in fear and swapping places. I was the prey.
-
He was the predator.
-
I shuddered at the thought. I still remember it so vividly. I felt sick to my stomach thinking about it. I sat there on the sidewalk for a while, drowning in my thoughts. The excitement in my life wasn't there anymore. I needed GGO more than I thought i did. I was interrupted from my thoughts as i felt a hand on my shoulder. I let out a yelp and fell forward slightly.
"Woah. What happened, Shino?"
-
"Huh?" That voice. Crap.
-
"......Oh. Hi, Kazuto." I whispered, he followed me. I didn't get to go far. I stood up and turned around as I dusted off my knees and made eye contact. I froze. The excitement. It was back. That feeling of intensity flowed through my veins once again. I didn't react like this before. God, I hate feelings. But I had to admit I missed this feeling, but why did it come from him? I struggled to break eye contact and I felt my cheeks heat up, contrasting my usual pale face. He tilted his head slightly as I tensed up. "How come you're all the way out here?" He asked me, looking towards my belongings. I gulped. "I was....I was uh...assuming my lock was fixed and stuff so I thought it'd be alright to check just in case but I got a call before I got too far. They said it wasn't ready so...I just decided to relax here." He seemed to believe it, relatively. "On the ground?" He studied my face for a good second. That stupid good feeling again. "Is something on your mind?" He asked me. I shook my head in embarrassment to which he held out a hand. I backed up slightly. But I wanted to take it and hold it tight for some reason. "Okay, then let's go home! We were waiting for you!" As he forcefully grabbed my hand and began to run back home, my mind went blank for a second.
-
"Yes....home." I smiled warmly.
-
Our home.
_________
Oof happy holidays and I'm sorry I'm late for this. Very late. I'm always late. Sorry.
I wanted to throw in some cute stuff and this chapter was originally going to be on the sadder side. But this was just what came to me last moment. I'm sorry it's short and I'll try harder this time. I know I'll finish this story and i hope you'll look forward to it.
Thanks for reading.