Chapter 5: The First Date

Rachel's pov

"Wait, if you are going to date Kent, what's gonna happen with your 'love' for Drew?" Jackie asked me while spraying hairspray on my hair.

It is 6:45 pm and I am getting ready for my date with Kent Michaels a.k.a. the popular swimmer in our school. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I don't really know what to expect since this is my first date.

"I think it is time to move on from my stupid crush. Since it was almost 3 years ago." I replied. "It still hurts that he did not even say goodbye when he left. I used to cry myself to sleep and now that he's back, I'm trying my best to build our relationship back but I think this is going to be hard since he totally changed." I rambled.

"Yas, girl! I think you need to move on and you are one lucky girl since Kent asked you on a date." She replied excitedly.

I laughed and we continued getting ready. She finished my hair and makeup. Now, our only problem is my outfit.

"Ugh. What would I wear?" I said.

"I think it is the perfect time to wear the off-shoulder dress that I gave you last month." She said excitedly.

She gave me the dress and I went inside my bathroom to change. After changing, I looked at myself in the mirror. And shocked would be an understatement. I looked like a totally different person. I did not know that I could be beautiful.

"Girl get out now! I wanna see my artwork!" I heard Jackie yell at me. I left the bathroom and twirled the dress in front of her.

"OMG! You will probably gonna get laid tonight." Jackie screamed.

"Shut up," I said shyly. "No one gets laid on their first date. That's too fast."

Jackie just laughed her ass off.

Ding. Dong.

Oh my gosh! Kent is here!

My parents are still not home but I said to my mom that I'm going to be out. She said that I could go have fun but I need to be back before 12 midnight.

I quickly put on my black heels and ran down the stairs. Yup, I ran. That is one of my talents, running with heels on.

When I got by the door, Jackie was already there. I did not see her go down. Oh well, maybe she's just excited to act like my mother tonight.

"Mr. Michaels be careful of my wonderful best friend and please be back before 12 midnight," Jackie said jokingly to Kent who looks really handsome as always.

"And if you even hurt her, I am going to make sure that you will regret everything." She warned him.

"Yes ma'am!" Kent replied while saluting to Jackie.

"Okay, now you two love birds should probably head out now," Jackie said to the both of us.

I walked forward to Kent and gave him a smile. "Hi!" I said shyly while blushing.

"You look nice." He whispered in my ear while we went out of the house.

"You look nice too," I replied. He was wearing a button-up and dress pants but his hair is still as messy as usual but I'm not one to complain because that messy hair is totally hot.

Jackie was going to stay at my house until my parents arrive. She will probably eat all of my chips because she always makes herself at home but there's no problem with that coz she has been my best friend for almost 4 years now.

We went inside his car and he started to drive.

"Where are we going to have our dinner?" I asked Kent.

"I want to take you to our restaurant." He replied.

I remembered that he is rich and their family is managing a business. They have a restaurant downtown and I heard that the food there is really good but I never tried it before.

"Oh, so this would be my first time eating there," I replied.

"What?!" He glanced at me looking shocked. "You haven't eaten there yet? I'm going to make sure that you won't regret eating there." He said while focusing on the road.

******************************

Minutes later we arrived at the restaurant. It was named 'Michaels', so creative right? Hahaha no.

We went inside and I'm not surprised that we were seated right away since Kent is the son of the owner.

We were currently eating when I saw someone so familiar seating quite close to our table. Way to ruin my night, Lana was seating about two tables away from us. But who is she with?

"Hey, are you okay?" Kent said so now I am focused on him again.

"Oh sorry, I just remembered something. Don't mind me." I said. "Let's play 20 questions!" I said excitedly.

"Okay, you go first." He replied.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Really? What a unique question Ms. Smith." He chuckled. "I like red, how about you?"

"Gray is my favorite color ever since I was young." I replied.

"So I'm guessing you like 'Fifty Shades of Grey'?" Kent said jokingly.

"Shut up." I said shyly. "Your turn."

"What are the characteristics that you like in a man?" He asked me.

"I want someone who will take care of me. Someone who will trust me and not betray me. Someone who will love me for who I am." I replied. "I know it seems like no one is like that nowadays."

"I could be that someone if you want." He said while smiling at me.

"How about you? What are the things that you like in a girl?" I asked him.

"I want a girl who will always be there for me and someone who knows how to appreciate little things." He said. "I know that it is quite surprising that I asked you on a date, it's because I know you are special, and the way you smile caught my attention," Kent said whole heartedly.

His statement made me blush. When I looked up at him, I saw someone so familiar again. I saw Drew. What is he doing here? Then it clicked, he is here with Lana. Way to really ruin my night.

Kent and I continued asking each other questions. I was laughing when I felt a cool liquid being poured on my head.

"Having fun now bïtch?" Someone asked.

"Stop it, Lana. We did not come here to piss Rachel off." I heard Drew talk.

Kent stood up quickly and he helped me wipe off the wine that the slut poured on me. I saw Drew and Lana leaving the restaurant. I was quiet shocked when Drew called me by my name. Maybe there is really a bit of the old Drew in him.

******************************
Rachel's Dress^^^

Thanks for reading!

Vote and comment! ♡♡♡