Chapter 2

THE BAD GIRL'S GOOD BOY

                I chewed a gum moving it in my mouth with my tongue, ignoring the lingering stares i recieved both from my opposite sex and my own. Maybe the stares were due to the extra short denim shorts and tight shirt i was wearing. I dressed as a slut at times. I had my reasons. Not that i was gonna tell anyone.

              I went over to my locker located at the farthest end of the hall next to Ashley Benson's. I wished that i had someone else as my locker neighbour. Don't get me wrong. Ashley is a nice girl. But too'nice' for my so called 'friends' who abuses and bullied her on a daily basis just as in a cliche story. As most of the schools of the region, ours too was a big stereotypic one. Populars reigned while the upopulars...oh well you get the hang of it.

"Sammyyyy you look wunnerful",drawled Amanda in an accent that hardly suited her along with a fake grin that hardly suited her too. 

I decieded to respond the same ways,"Thank you Amanda but do restrain yourself from calling me Sammy. I hate it".

A look of shock and annoyance flashed in her eyes but she covered it up as fast as it had came. Trust me this girl would do wonders in acting careers(big time sarcasm). Amanda is one of my so called friends. She is the queenbee of Woodsbro high. Of course as i had arrived on the first day with a bitchy attitude and extra short clothes she decide to take me as her 'friend' as our personalities were like 'xerox copies'.

I, of course, wanted to say,'You are wrong Amanda..Im sure that i have brains unlike you', but restrained myself from doing so, just in order to prevent myself being in her bad side. I faked it too well and soon learned on how to flash fake grins and to act 'popular'.

"Ooooh..look who's here. If it isn't our little beauty Ashtray...oopsie i meant Ashley. Ooh my! Have you started dieting. You don't look like the elephant you were before. You just look like a fat liitle girl.",Amanda snickered  along with Becky, Nicole and Tiffany.

I could see the evident hurt and pain in Ashley's eyes but no i won't be able to do anything to help her. I can't possibly get involved in this mess.

I started walking away when Nicole called out my name,"Samantha. You gotta see what Ashley has got as the wallpaper in her phone. It's a pic of some boy. He is hot though. Is he your playboy Ash?"

My eyes accidently gazed into hers and the heartbroken look those blue orbs had made me want to cry. They were silently pleading for help.

"He is my brother!", she said with tears evident in her voice. Only if i could help.....

"You got a brother, bitch? That too a hot piece of a brother. Aww....wonder how unfortunate. Your parents must be sad on your birth. After all they got someone as ugly and worthless like you.",Tiffany said with a chuckle.

I had had enough. "Come on Amanda. Leave this piece of shit alone. Classes are about to begin.", i said as a desperate attempt to make them leave the poor girl alone without doubting me.

Amanda nodded and after one more scornful look at Ashley, they started walking towards the first class.

I just looked back at the girl whose chin was smeared in tears. I wish i could make it better. I wish i could stop acting...but i can't. And with a last 'sorry' look i walked away, puting my acting mode on.

----------------------© ®

Sorry for the short chapter but i have an exam tomorrow so can't stay up for long. Maths is the subject. I honestly loathe the subject.

So covote if the chapter deserves it.