Hagrid's Hut

Fred and I made our way down towards Hagrid's hut trying not to seem too intimate nor closer than we were when we were just friends. Walking past The Great Hall I could smell all the food, just wafting through the air I wanted to go in but I couldn't. We walked out onto the courtyard and were blinded by the change in light, we walked down trying to not be too close together. It was hard, I hated not being able to show who I am, show who I love yet all I can do is wait, however, when I can be public with him that is when everything will be good. 

Walking down the steps towards Hagrid's my chest began to tighten, it felt as if someone was twisting my heart to the point it became hard to breathe. My vision was blurring in and out, I felt sick and I could hear noises all around me. It felt like I was about to have a panic attack and I didn't know what to do, however, I kept on walking. Not wanting to show something was wrong, not wanting to stick out. It was tough but I had to get through it, I knew I could get through it no matter what. I won't be taken down by this, I've been through much worse after all. Nearly there I thought to myself, it'll be fine Hagrid is a nice guy so what do you have to worry about? I was right, there's nothing to be afraid of, Hagrid is the last person who would be rude. At that point, I finally felt okay again, until, I fell down the remaining stone steps. 

"Harry! Are you alright?" A booming voice called out followed by stomping feet, it was Hagrid. It seemed he'd been walking out of his hut as I fell, the way he was talking to me was as if I had broken my neck. "Hagrid, Hagrid...I'm fine. Just wasn't looking where I was stepping." I told him, laughing it off. Immediately his expression changed from one of worry to one of happiness, it'd been a while since we were able to go down to see him, even if it was because he asked. 

"Oh, why 'ello there Fred, I wasn't expecting to see you down 'ere." Hagrid said, he didn't seem annoyed that he was there which I am thankful for. "Yeah, I hope you don't mind, Hagrid. I was with Harry talking about Quidditch when Ron and Hermione came in and said they had to be down here and I could just tag along if I wanted." Fred uttered slightly flustered, all we got from Hagrid was a smile and a gesture to come in.

Once inside Hagrid handed over a weird drink with herbs floating in. "Here, Harry drink this it will help." As soon as the drink touched my tongue i gagged and spat it out at the exact same time as Ron walked in. 'Oh come on! Seriously?' I couldn't help but laugh, Ron started to go red. "Careful there, you'll become an actual pumpkin if your colour turns any more. Not sure how mum would feel about that." Fred teased. Hermione took the cup from my hand to inspect it before asking "Hagrid, what exactly is in this and what is it meant to be." Hagrid took a moment, thinking. "Well, it's mainly bubotuber pus an' dragon liver and a small amount o' dittany. I hear it's called a Wiggenwald potion, 'Arry fell down the steps so despite 'im saying he's fine I thought it best, I had made some over the holidays for me self." Hearing this made me feel as if I'd throw up. Hermione chuckled a little before explaining to Hagrid that it also requires wormwood and that it needs to be made in a certain way. We spent the next hour or so having a good laugh and catching up with Hagrid, as we left however Hagrid asked Fred and I to stay back so he could talk with us. At this point I was getting really nervous. "Is somethin' wrong Harry?" Hagrid asked, noticing my skin go as pale as Nearly Headless Nick. "Er...ye...yeah everything....everything is fine." I told him, stuttering my words. "Fred, is that true?" Fred turned to look at me, I hoped he realised I wasn't ready to tell anyone, I was scared. Turns out so was he. "Yeah, I think it's just pre-game gitters getting to him, first match of the season is always scariest. Even if you're a talented seeker, being one of the first House's to play is a big deal." Hagrid nodded, smiling. "Don't you forget you's can always talk to me, same goes for you Fred. I'm here no matter what." I smiled at Hagrid. "Thank you, Hagrid we appreciate it." Fred replies, blushing. "Well, we best be off for practice." Fred said opening the door. "You two 'ave fun out there." Hagrid smiled. 

Once outside I let out a huge sigh of relief. "We don't have to rush with telling people, I'm just as scared as you. Don't worry." Fred said to me, stopping me behind some trees. "Thank you for that, and for speaking when I couldn't." Looking up at Fred I was still bewitched by his good looks, I got lost in his eyes. A sea of brown which reflected the light. They make me feel warm like a hot cup of tea, they make me feel safe. He makes me feel safe. All of a sudden he leaned down and started to kiss me, I felt like I was in heaven at the touch of his smooth lips.

"Ahem, well, well, well..." A voice interrupted us, I gulped and thought to myself "shit, someone found out." I braced myself for the worse to happen.