Prologue

Once upon a time, within the rather enormous boundaries of the country called Fantasia, inside the small town called Magnolia is where our story begins. As most Fairy Tales begin with princesses or girls whom live in the sprawling forests, we're going to start a little differently. Before the original story takes place

     We're going to start in a cool, dark room inside the castle, where the life of a baby was being determined before he reached even a year old.

     An old woman in a deep, purple shawl around her shoulders, spoke quietly to the king of the castle, and the mother of the baby listened closely from the corner, firelight flickering and casting odd shadows on the three of them.

   "The baby is cursed," the old woman said in a croaky voice that seemed unstable enough to crack.

     "We knew that part!" the mother of the unfortunate child cried, looking strained, "Tell us how to fix it!"

     The old woman slowly turned around to face her, her wooden cane clicking on the stone floor, "I have looked into the past. And I have seen the future," she rasped, "Born of the powerful knight and an enchanting sorceress, he will take on abilities no one else will ever hope to have. There is only one way to break this curse that death himself has granted; and that is to let the child break it himself."

     "We need you to break it NOW," the king said forcefully, "The blood demon cannot be released!"

     "He will break it himself," the old woman repeated calmly, "Provide he is strong enough..."

     "You had us search everywhere for you for nothing!" the other woman sounded distraught, and tossed her head with anxiety, "My child is cursed, and yet you do nothing!"

      "I cannot break the curse. But I can five your son a gift to help him along his path," the woman gave the mother a tiny treasure chest, "Her name is still undetermined. Whomever names her owns her. So have your son name her, when he becomes old enough."

     The child's mother opened the box, staring down at the faint glow inside, coming from a tiny creature with shimmery wings. "A succubi," she breathed in amazement, "How did you-?" she glanced up at the old woman, but the old woman was gone.

     The King looked around in confusion, then turned to the woman, "Take the child and the succubi, and leave this place."

    The woman's eyes widened, "Wh-why?"

     "The witch was right. The order for all magic to be eliminated still stands. This child would be persecuted. You need to take him, and go."

     "Yes, Your Majesty," the woman bowed, stowed the treasure chest into her robes, and fled the room.

----------------------------------------------------––––––––––––––––––––-

Well, hey, peeps! This'll be the shortest chapter, since it's the prologue. The next ones should be at least a thousand words, and will take place eighteen years after this!

      So EIGHTEEN year time skip for the rest of the chapters.

     Anyway, hoped you liked this story so far! Can't wait to post the next chapter. :) See you next time!