Chapter 10

"That's you're third yawn since I sat in front of you. Either my proposal is affecting you like a bedtime story or you've had one heck of a night" said Darren

"I had a long night. Went to bed late" Jason replied

"Well aren't you lucky. Who's the lucky lady?" Asked Darren

The scoffing sound that Isabella made across the room had them both turning to look at her. Darren with a look of amusement and Jason with a look of annoyance.

"Her name is Rachel and its not like that. We stayed up all night talking and watching reruns of Gilmore Girls" Jason replied

"What the heck is Gilmore Girls?" Asked Darren

"It's a show about a mom and daughter that lives in a small town" Jason tried to explain.

"Oh you mean a chick flick?" Asked Darren

"Bingo" Jason replied

"Guess I know who fell asleep first" Darren kidded

Jason laughed and shook his head.

"I knew you had I glow when you came in today. I thought you just gave up on celibacy and finally got laid" said Darren.

Isabella mumbled a 'yea right' from the room causing them to pause and look at her again. Darren gave Jason and amused look but Jason was busy texting on his phone.

"So how did you meet this Rachel?" Asked Darren

"I guess you could say I just ran into her" Jason replied distractedly

Isabella scoffed again. This time Jason didn't bother to look at her because he was so glued to his phone.

"I'm sorry. Is our conversation bothering you Ms. Black?" Asked Darren

Isabella turned to him with a 'what do you mean' look on her face.

"Just enjoying the view" she replied turning to look out the window.

"Mmm believe me the view looks good from where I'm sitting" said Darren turning his head to the side as he checked her out.

Jason chuckled as he put his phone down and grabbed his pen to sign off on Darren's proposal. Darren wasn't just his partner in Giordano industries, they've been best friends since before they could walk. Darren was the type to go clubbing like Jason would like to, well have a movie with a girlfriend while Darren has a different woman in his bed every other weekend.

There was a time Jason found himself enjoying that world. With his good looks and money he had no trouble at all getting a woman in his bed; but somewhere along the line of getting close to his seventeen year old niece and watching his brother Johnathan fall in love and get married he realized that's the type of life he would wanted for himself.

"Its not possible to get a good look from all the way over there" Isabella replied without turning around.

"Oh so it gets better up close and personal. Is that an invitation?" Darren replied

Jason's bark of laughter had her quickly turning around to look from one to the other with a suspicious look.

"Am I missing something here?" She asked

"You could say that" Jason replied through his laughter.

"Call me when you get your head out of the clouds sweetheart" said Darren as he took the document off Jason's desk.

"We still on for drinks tonight?" Asked Darren

"Yea man absolutely" Darren replied as he walked out and closed the door behind him.

"What was all that about?" Asked Isabella folding her hands.

"I guess that's for you to find out Ms. Black" Jason replied

"I'm taking a break" she said then turned and walked out of the office.

Jason sat back in his and smiled to himself. As he thought back to the events of the previous night. He didn't expect to have such a good time just sitting and talking to Rachel but he did. She is a mystery to him and he found himself wanting to know more and more about her.

When he had text her to tell her he had left for the office and apologized for not saying goodbye, she had replied saying just like a typical man he had rushed out the morning after without at least saying goodbye. He had chuckled knowing she was only teasing him, so he had text back saying 'which one are you again? See I've spent the night with so many women this week' to which she had responded saying 'and here I was thinking our night was so unforgettable'. He knew right then they would be great friends.

He reached for his phone and dialed his friend Samantha.

"Hello?" She answered

"Hey Sam how's my God daughter doing?" He replied

"Aside from the fact that she's mad at you, she's doing great. All A's on her report card except for the B she got in gym" she replied

"I knew she would be upset with me, I haven't called her in about two weeks" said Jason

"Some God father you are! Nicholai sees his God father every other month" Samantha replied

"Way to kick a man while he's down!" Jason exclaimed

"Anything for my girl" said Samantha in a sing song voice.

"So I have a friend I want you to look at for me" said Jason

"Ah the real reason you called" Samantha replied

"Don't do me like that. She really needs to see a doctor"  Jason begged

"OK fine. I have a open slot at about two this afternoon, can you take her to see me then?" Samantha replied

"That's perfect, thanks Samantha. See you then" he said

He hung up and sent Rachel a quick text telling her he was on his way to pick her up to take her to see a doctor. Just like he expected she told him she could go on her own if he told her the address. He wasn't having it though.