Chapter 17

"Jessica?" Said Jason looking up from his lunch

"Hello Jason. I haven't seen much of you around for a while now" she replied

"I've been caught up at the office" he replied

And praying I'd never see you again.

"May I sit down?" She didn't bother waiting for him to reply. Instead she sat right down and smiled at him.

"Did you want something Jessica?" He asked

"No. I just walked in and saw you and decided to join you" she replied picking up his menu after which she signaled the waiter.

"Oh I see" he mumbled

He looked around the restaurant and finally spotted his bodyguard standing close to the entrance.

Of all the days for Isabella to take off.

He looked on as she gave the waiter her order.

"Jessica I'm sorry but I really have to get going"

"But I just got here. Can't you stay for just a little?"

"Not right now OK"

"Is something wrong?"

"I just got some bad news OK. Look Jessica...I have to go"

He didn't wait for her to respond he got up and pulled his wallet from his pocket and pulled out some money. He handed it to the receptionist.

"This should cover my bill"

"Mr. Giordano I'm sorry sir but..."

"Look Ashley" he said glancing at her name tag "I really don't want to go back in there, I'm in a hurry"

"Yes sir"

                                ***

How do I tell her this. She's going to flip out. What if she gets scared and try to run again. I can't let that happen. Things have been going great between us. We've been inseparable since the week Jaden came home from the hospital. Getting to know her has been amazing these past few weeks. She never seize to amaze me. Why now? Why is this happening now? I cant loose them.

Jason shuddered at the thought of them leaving, he just can't let that happen. Suddenly the door opened and he turned to see Rachel rocking the baby. She sent him a smile that made his heart beat just a little faster.

"I thought I heard you pacing out here. What's going on, are you OK?" She asked

He walked over to her and kissed her cheek. She blushed and ducked her head then looked back up at him.

"What's wrong Jason?" She asked again in a more concerned tone.

"How was your day?" He asked

"My day was fine. Jaden kept me busy all day but he was good for me today" she replied

Jason brushed a finger down the baby's cheek while the baby held another finger with his whole fist.

"You guys have become so important to me. I never realized how lonely I was until I met you. You guys have filled my life with so much happiness." He said

"You mean the world to us too, but can you tell me why we're standing in the hallway talking?" She asked leaning into his touch as he reached out to hold her cheek.

"Let's go inside so we can talk" he said ushering them in.

Rachel walked over to the couch and sat down. Jason sat next to her and put his briefcase next to the couch. He sighed and scrubbed a hand across his face. Rachel got up and placed Jaden in the bassinet on the other side of the room. When she sat back next to Jason she threw her arms around him in a tight hug. He pulled her onto his lap and hugged her back. Burrying his face into her neck.

"You're scaring me" she whispered

"I know and I'm sorry. I just don'tknow how to tell you this" he replied

"Are you breaking up with me?" She asked pulling back to look at his face.

"Like that's even possible. That's never going to happen, ever." He replies staring into her eyes with such intensity there was no way for her to have any doubt in what he just said.

"OK. Then tell me what's going on, please" she said holding his cheeks so he wouldn't keep looking away from her.

In return he lifted his hand to face and pulled her to him to claim her in a kiss. He poured his feelings into the kiss, she felt wanted, special, cherished and protected. He made her feel like a desired woman.

"Do you trust me?" He asked

"Jason..."

"Rachel do you trust me?" He asked

"Yes, I trust you so much it scares me" she replied

"Then you know I would never hurt you or cause any harm to come to you or Jaden right?" He asked

"I know that."  She replied

"What I'm about to tell you I need you to try not to freak out OK? We will get through this together" he said

"OK" she replied holding his gaze.

"Antonio was released from jail." He said

"When?" Rachel asked in a shaky voice.

"Apparently three weeks ago. He requested visitation to see Jaden" Jason replied

"No no no. He can't have him Jason. We can't let him hurt Jaden too. If we met him see him he's going to try to control my life again. He might try to take jaden away, we can't let him do that" Rachel said in a panicked voice.

She got up and walked over to the bassinet to look at the sleeping baby.

"I won't let anything happen to you guys. You don't know this but there are bodyguards trailing your every move. He can't get up here without getting by the guards because we use a private lift to get to the pent house. I already have my lawyers on the case so even if he is granted visitation it will be supervised. You won't ever be alone with him even for a second." Said Jason

He stood behind her and pulled her to him and wrapped his hands around her as they stood looking at the baby.

"Why would they even let him out after what he did to me" she asked brokenly.

"The legal system can be really messed up sometimes baby, but I promise I've got your back" Jason replied

"I was just starting to be happy. Even the nightmares hardly come anymore. I don't want to go back to always watching my back hoping something bad doesn't happen" she said

"Nothing is going to happen. I don't want you to stress about this. We'll handle this together. There's no way I'm letting him take my family from me so don't even fall for anything he has to say" Jason replied

The fierceness in his voiced caused a shiver to run through her body. She turned and wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his chest.

************************************

Please remember to vote! Click on the star and vote!