Newsaper Article

Lacey Jamieson; Inspiring Thousands Even After Death

“Embrace your inner weirdness.”

Lacey May Jamieson, a 16 year old girl from Ontario, Canada, inspired her 92,000 Instagram followers to do what they loved. “Embrace your inner weirdness” was a caption on one of her many photos.

“Lace-face”, as some called her, was a skilled horseback rider, going to Champions with her lease-horse Bonkers before the lease was up. She owned two horses, Gemini and Forrest, teaching them fun tricks like kiss or bow down in between her training. Lacey worked well with her equine companions, reaching the ability to jump 4 ft. 9 in. with no hands before her death.

Lacey was diagnosed with HLH, a rare blood disease, only after her shocking death on October 13, 2013.  HLH hinders the use of some cells in the immune system, causing them to destroy the patients own organs and tissues. The teenager was actually hospitalized for Mono, but died of the rare blood disease. She was sick for weeks before death took over her body. Another caption states, “Someone bring my horse to my house please…along with a box of Kleenex and Advil.”

Lacey’s last Instagram post was posted many weeks ago, stating that she was taking a break to focus on her health. She told her followers that she didn’t know when she would be back, whether it be weeks or months. Little did she know, she wouldn’t be coming back at all. A few weeks after her death, her parents took over the account. Now, they post updates on Forrest and how their family is coping.

 On the website www.thelaceymovement.com people can comment on ways Lacey inspired them. One comment says, “We all loved Lacey. She inspired and motivated us. By her example, we lost our fear, and tried the unimaginable.”

Alive or not, Lacey will always be an inspiration to everyone who knew her and even the ones who didn’t. To this day, her Instagram account is gaining more and more followers, all part of the Lacey Legacy.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys! I'll have another short story up later today so stay tuned! Love you all!! Let's get this book to 300 reads!