Operation: Kill Scott McCall, The Sequel

"Getting to that, just take out your laptop," Scott answered, and I put my laptop out on the kitchen table. Kira, Liam, and Stiles all followed my actions, and I quirked my eyebrow at them.

"Is four enough?" Kira asked.

"Depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so," Stiles explained quietly.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam inquired hesitantly.

"We're doing it," Scott responded with an absolute certainty that put me at an unease.

"By 'it' do you mean killing Scott?" I asked no one in particular, "Because even though I am here and you are including me, I still somehow feel like I don't know everything."

"Getting to that as well," Stiles remarked, and I locked eyes with him. Before I could say or do anything I might regret, Liam spoke.

"Isn't it kind of dangerous?" He chimed in.

Stiles broke my stare, "Yeah it's incredibly dangerous, and borderline idiotic."

"Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam looked as if he already knew the answer, and was silently praying for it to not be true.

"Something dangerous or idiotic?" Stiles asked him.

"I think it's a 'yes' to both," I acknowledged Liam and he nodded resignedly.

"You don't have to be a part of it if you don't want to," Scott comforted, but Liam quickly shook his head.

"I'm not scared."

Stiles grabbed his shoulder and winked at him, "Then you're borderline idiotic." He turned back to the rest of us, "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira requested.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said 'visual confirmation required,'" Scott elaborated, and I recalled him saying in passing something about the bag of money.

"Simon said the same thing," I glanced up when Stiles referred to the Chemist that nearly killed him two days ago. "He couldn't get paid by the benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" I nodded in understanding at Scott's question, realizing where this was headed.

"You don't get paid," I concluded, and Scott nodded at me.

"But how does that get us any closer to the benefactor?" Liam pointed out.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead," Scott replied.

"Or she," I countered under my breath.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list," Stiles went on.

"So if he wants visual confirmation," Liam started.

"They're gonna have to come get it themself," I finished, and the rest of the group nodded at me. "I still don't understand why we're offering up Scott to die."

"He's not going to die," Kira stated firmly and I had to hold myself back from rolling my eyes.

"Well no, I get that, but why number one on the list? I understand it would have to be someone high up for the benefactor to appear, but why Scott?"

"Whoever we offer up needs to be believably dead," Stiles explained to me and his gaze didn't quite meet my eyes. "The way we're going to do that is a way that only an alpha can survive."