Home again (Chapter 7)

I ran inside the building, leaving Jeremy to suffer. I ran Through the dining room, and into the basement. I gag at the bloody mess across the room. "Zoey..." I step over her- it cautiously, and enter the closet. Fall onto the pillow floor, and into the gap in the floor where the pillows used to be. Everyone screamed. It seemed like no one noticed me, recognized me, or even knew who I was. I see a bright orange slime on the walls. 'Memory gel! Of course! It had to be that, so if I did come back no one would know me! Clever. Hm... How in the world...? Why would he...? How did he know i was coming?'

I run toward the dining room and knock the drink from Jace's hand screaming "YOU CAN'T DRINK THAT!!!!" he had a confused look on his face and looked at the mess. "Why?" the puzzled look on his face didn't disappear when I stuttered and said. "Y-you... you just can't..." Everyone looked at me like i was crazy. I finally point at My Cow and say "He poisoned it." At first they looked at me like I spoke a foreign language, but after the words registered in their heads, everyone was shocked. My Cat's eyes widened, for he knew he was in big as they say "Doo doo".

No one seemed to know what to do after that. After a minute some poison people came in and took a sample of Jayce's drink. For the meanwhile Mycow was under Guard supervision. The little elven boy was released, as he didn't do anything. He was just given an order he had to obey. No one knew my name, Mycow did, but no one else did. I wasn't Kate's beloved Clare. I had to show her the armor and her signature for her to remember me. Jayce had to see his bow. I even had to show Lolz our texts for her to finally remember me. At the time I was rushing around from Elf to Elf trying to convince everybody I'm not an evil wizard in disguise. Of course no one believed me at first.

After the effects wore off, I felt useless. After all, Wess was somewhere in the sky, not knowing where I am, and knowing him, he's gonna be worried sick. Sometimes he really reminds me of mom.
Speaking of Mom, I could've sworn on my fly over here I saw her in the forest picking berries.

'I see you miss your family.' Brittany told me in my brain. 'How can you? Why are you?' She laughed. 'Don't be alarmed, it's normal for me to enter people's mind. I can't just read your thoughts, I can send my own. Like messages.'

After a while, I spewed out all my thoughts to her. I said things like, 'Wess is gonna be overwhelmed with worry' and ' I feel so... -useless, no matter how big of a difference I make on Earth it won't change ANYTHING in the universe.' She interrupted after that thought. 'Ya know, we wizards aren't just on Earth. Unlike the Earthbound human, us wizards and elves are all over the universe.'

I got up and left in complete shock. 'She expects me to go to a different planet?! I've been underground, on a floating island, in a cloud, on a dragon, tied to a tree hundreds of feet above ground, and in a GOLD PORT-A-POTTY! That's good enough!'

Brittany got up in frustration and left the room. 'I never said anything like that.' Was the last thing she sent my brain.