Chapter 2: Rosamund Mary Watson

At John and Mary's home, they are sitting on a sofa, Mary cradling their new daughter. Helium balloons are floating on strings behind the sofa and there are gift bags and flowers in the coffee table in front of the family and a large white teddy bear besides the sofa. John has his arm around his wife while Mary is holding her daughters hand as they pose and smile for the photograph your aunt took.

"Has that come out?" She asked you and Molly, who was drinking champagne. Your aunt looks at the screen of the camera and makes an exasperated noise. "They never come out when I take them!" She said. "Let's have a look, Aunt Martha." You said as you take the camera and fiddle with it. "Awww. She's so beautiful." Mrs Hudson said as she looks at the baby. You finally get the camera adjusted and handed it back to her. "Have another go." You said as you look over your shoulder and see Sherlock, engrossed with his phone.

You sigh and shake your head as your aunt asks the new parents. "What about a name?"
"Catherine." John replied.

"Uh, yeah, we've gone off that." Mary said.

"Have we?" John asked her.

"Yeah." Mary said.

"Well, you know what I think." Sherlock said, not looking up from his phone.

"It's not a girl's name!" John and Mary said, simultaneously.

You and Sherlock smile as John said. "Molly, Mrs H. We would love you to be godparents." Molly and Mrs Hudson both squeal with delight as Mary looks over at you and said. "We also want you to be godmother, (y/n)." You look at them in surprise and said. "Really?"

"If you want to." John said as he stands up.

You smile and said. "It would be an honor." John and Mary smile at you as John walks over to Sherlock. "And, uh...." He muttered then he holds his arms wide and stares upwards in a 'Why am I doing this?' gesture. "....you, too, Sherlock?" He said.

"You too what?" Sherlock asked, still typing on his phone.

"Godfather? We'd like you to be Godfather." John replied.

"God is a ludicrous fiction dreamt up by inadequates who abnegate all responsibility to an invisible magic friend." Sherlock said, quickly.

"Yeah, but there'll be cake. Will you do it?" John asked him.

Sherlock glances up at him for a brief moment then said. "I'll get back to you." John nods resignedly and walks over to you. He gives you a look of desperation and you smile.
"I'll talk to him." You said as John smiles.

Weeks later, an elderly vicar stands at the font in a church. Mary and John standing near him, Mary cradling the baby, and Lestrade, Mrs Hudson, Molly, you and Sherlock, who is still texting on his phone, are at the other side of the font. "Father, we aksed you to send your blessings on this water and sanctify it for our use this day, in Christ's name." The vicar said as he draws the sign of the cross in the water. He shakes the water off of his hands then turns to the Watsons.

"Now, what name have you given your daughter?" He asked them.

"Rosamund Mary." Mary replied.

"Rosamund?" Sherlock asked you, frowning.

"Means 'rose of the world'. Rosie for short." You reply to him, quietly. Sherlock throws a disapproving look in your direction and then goes back to his phone. "Didn't you get John's text?" You asked him. "No. I delete his texts. I delete any text that begins, Hi." He said.

You sigh and roll your eyes at your husband as Mrs Hudson clears her throat pointedly. "Sorry." You whispered at her then turn back to Sherlock, nodding your head at his hands and said. "Phone." Sherlock lowers his phone and puts his hands behind his back.

The vicar is now holding Rosamund, who is grizzling. "And now, godparents....are you ready to help the parents of this child in their duties as Christian parents?" The vicar asked the four of you.

"We are." You, Mrs Hudson and Molly say, simultaneously.

You look across at Sherlock, who hasn't said anything, and elbow him in the chest when suddenly a male SIRI voice speaks from his phone. "Sorry I didn't catch that. Please repeat the question." You and Mary narrow your eyes at him as John closes his in exasperation while Sherlock keeps giving you the innocent look.

A few months later, Sherlock, wearing a camel colored dressing gown, stands in front of the fireplace at 221B and sighs in exasperation. "As ever, Watson, you see but do not observe. To you the world remains an impenetrable mystery whereas, to me, it is an open book. Hard logic versus romantic whimsy. That is your choice. You fail to connect actions to their consequences. Now, for the last time...." He said as he turns to John's chair and bends down and picks up a jingling baby's rattle and holds it towards Rosie, who is sitting in a plastic baby's chair perched on the seat.

You walk out of the kitchen and lean against the doorway and watch him handing Rosie the rattle. "If you want to keep the rattle....do not throw the rattle, hm?" He said and Rosie gurgles and takes the rattle from his hand. He smirks for a moment before Rosie throws the rattle in his face.

You place your hand over your mouth as you try to muffle your laugh so you wouldn't wake up John and Mary, who were fast asleep on the couch. Sherlock looks up at you and narrows his eyes at you. "I'm sorry.....the look....on your...face." You said in between laughs and he just rolls his eyes at you.

A couple of days later, you were sitting at your desk at Scotland Yard when you felt like someone was watching you. You look up and see a short black haired man with green eyes staring at you, with a smile. This was the new guy, you think his name is Tim but you honestly can't remember since it's been really busy the past few months.

You shake your head and look back at your paperwork and start taking notes. Few seconds later, you hear someone clearing their throat and you let out an annoyed sigh and look up and see that Tim is standing in front of your desk. "Hi." He said with a smile. "Hello." You said in a bored tone. He offers his hand to you and said. "Name's Timothy, but most people call me Tim." You take his hand and shake it.

"(Y/N). So, Tim I'm sorry to sound rude but unless if it's important I need you to leave and..." You started to say when Tim talks over you.

"Um, well....I was....just....wondering....if maybe....we could meet up for....coffee?" He said running his hand behind his head, nervously. 'Seriously? Can't he see my wedding ring?' You think.

Before you could respond Lestrade walks up to you. "(Y/N)! I've got something for you! Or rather something for him!" He said. "Sure, Lestrade. Whatcha got?" You asked as Lestrade handed you the file.

You look through it and apparently David Welsborough's parked car was hit by a drunk driver and it exploded and not only that, David's only son, Charlie, was found in the burning car but he was supposed to be in Tibet. You smile as you look up at Lestrade. "You think your husband will like this?" He asked you. "He'll love it!" You said. "Good, come to Baker Street with me and we will show him together" Lestrade said as you nod, get up from your desk and grab your coat as Lestrade starts to head out.

You started to follow him when you felt someone grab your arm. You turn your head and see Tim was the one that grabbed your arm. "You're married?" He asked and you could hear the disappointment in his voice. "Yes. Happily, if you were wondering." You said as you tried to move ahead but Tim still had a grip on you. "To who?" He asked.

You sigh in exasperation then turn to face the man. "Sherlock Holmes." You replied and Tim's eyes widen and mouth drops as you said this. "Oooh good! You've heard of him. Now I would appreciate it if you would let go of my arm!" You ordered and Tim let's your arm go. "Thank you." You said with a fake smile and walk out of Scotland Yard as Lestrade holds the door to a cab for you and you climb in and he follows behind you.

"Baker Street." Lestrade said and the cab takes off as you text Sherlock and tell him that Lestrade has a good case for him.