Chapter 7: Amo

"The English woman. That's all he heard. Naturally he assumed it was Mary." Sherlock said in other his phone, talking to Mycroft. "Couldn't this wait until you're back?" Mycroft asked him. "No, it's not over. Ajay said that they'd been betrayed. The hostage taker knew AGRA were coming. There was only a voice on the phone, remember, and a code word." said Sherlock. "Ammo, yes, you said." replied the eldest Holmes.

"How's your Latin, brother dear?" Sherlock asked.

"My Latin?" Mycroft taken aback by his question.

"Amo, amas, amat." Sherlock recited.

"I love, you love, he loves. What....?" Mycroft stops mid sentence as he realized what Sherlock was getting at. "Not ammo as in ammunition but amo meaning...."

"You better be right, Sherlock." Mycroft said and he hangs up

​​​​​​​The next day after you, Sherlock and the Watsons return home, Sherlock takes you to the Diogenes Club and the two of you stand in an empty room with a window looking out to another room, an interrogation room to be precise, with a table in the middle of it and Mycroft on one side of the table and Lady Smallwood on the other side.

"This is absolutely ridiculous and you know it. How many more tines?" Smallwood asked, annoyed.

"Six years ago you held the brief for foreign operations, code name Love." Mycroft stated.

"And you're basing all this on a code name? On a whispered voice on the telephone?" She asked before she scoffs at Mycroft.

"Come on, Mycroft."

"You were the conduit for AGRA. Every assignment, every detail, they got from you." He said.

"It was my job." She stated.

"Then there was the Tbilisi incident. AGRA went in." said Mycroft.

"Yes." She confirms.

"And they were betrayed."

"Not by me." Smallwood said, firmly. Mycroft looks at her as she takes in a breath and sighs it out. "Mycroft, we've known each other a long time. I promise you, I haven't the foggiest idea what all this is about. You wound up AGRA and all three other freelancers. I haven't done any of the things you're accusing me of. Not one. Not. One." She said, emphatically.

Mycroft looks down at the table for a moment before he moved his gaze to the one way mirror you and Sherlock standing behind. Mycroft lowers his gaze and adjust his jacket.

​​​​​​"So if she didn't do it, then who did?" You asked Sherlock as the two of you walk, slowly, across Vauxhall Bridge. "I'm not sure. At least....not yet." He replied as you and him stop and turn to face the river.

As Sherlock's gaze becomes distant, you look down at your feet for a moment when, suddenly, something in your brain clicks:

'You'd be amazed what a receptionist picks up. They know EVERYTHING."

You gasped as an image of the elderly woman, Vivian, pops into your brain. "Oh my God." You whispered as you look up at Sherlock, who looks at you. The two of you smile and make a run for it.

After you get conformation on where Vivian is at and texted the Watsons, you and Sherlock make your way along the blue lit corridors of the London Aquarium until you make it to an enclosed area with benches and tanks full of fishes surrounding the room, with one woman sitting in one of them, her back facing you and Sherlock. "You're office said we find you here." Sherlock said. "This was always my favorite spot for agents to meet. We're like them: ghostly, living in the shadows." Vivian said, as she looks at the tank full of fishes.