Chapter 8: Nothing Will Be The Same

"Nothing will ever be the same again, will it?" Mrs Hudson asked you and Sherlock.

The three of you were sitting in the living room of 221B. Mrs Hudson is sitting in John's chair and you were sitting on the couch, looking down at the floor while Sherlock sits in his chair. "I'm afraid it won't." Sherlock mutters. "We'll have to rally round, I expect. Do our bit. Look after little Rosie." Mrs Hudson said as she breaks down in tears.

You just sit there, saying nothing which bothered Sherlock a bit. He has never seen you like this, well actually when he 'died' You acted like this, but this is worse. You haven't really said much in a few days and he was upsetting him. He looks around as if uncertain what to do, then he points to the open laptop on the dining table.

"Just going to, um....look through these things. There might be a case." He said as he stands up and walks over to the dining get table. "A case?" You asked, looking up at him. "Oh. You're not up to it, are you?" Your aunt asked. "Work is the best antidote to sorrow, Mrs Hudson." Sherlock replied, dropping his head a little. "Yes, yes, I expect you're right. I'll make some tea, shall I?" Your aunt said and she gets up and starts to head towards the kitchen.

Sherlock looks over at you and said. "(Y/N)."

You look up at him and said."Yes, Sherlock."

He blinks several times before he looks over at you and said. "If you ever think I'm becoming a bit....." He pauses and swallows as your aunt walks back into the room. "...full of myself, cocky or...overcofident...." He said.

"Yes?" You said, softly.

He gets up from the chair and walks over to you and gets on his knees, in front of you, and takes your hand in his and said. "....would you just say the word Norbury to me, would you?" You take in a deep breath and close your eyes for a moment before you open them and nod.

"I'd be very grateful." He said as he looks at you, pleadingly.

You lean forward and wrap you arms around his neck as he wraps his around your waist, hugging you like his life depended on it. Mrs Hudson gives a small whimper as she watches the two of you embrace, then Sherlock stands up and looks over at her and said. "The same goes for you Mrs Hudson. Just say the word Norbury to me if I ever become over confident or full of myself."

"Norbury." Mrs Hudson said.

"Just that." Sherlock said.

You look over at the dining table and see an envelope sticking out under a pile of paperwork. "What's that?" You asked as you walk over to the table and pull off the papers and pick up the envelope. "Oh, I brought that up. It was mixed up with my things." Sherlock walks up behind you as you open the envelope and pull out a DVD with the words MISS ME? written on it.

"Oh God. Is that...." Your aunt started to say as you and Sherlock look at the disc for a moment in shock then he takes it out of your hand and loads the disc in his laptop.

"Must be." He mutters as he sits on one of the dining chairs and you sit down on the arm of his chair while the disc loads.

But it wasn't Moriarty who appears on screen, instead it's Mary Watson. She smiles into the camera and rolls her eyes alittle as she speaks. "Thought that would get your attention." She said.

Sherlock sinks back into his chair as you reach out and grab his hand, intertwining you fingers with his, you aunt gasped and placed her right hand over her mouth. "So, this is in case....in case the day comes. If you are watching this, I'm....probably dead. I hope I can have an ordinary life, but who knows? No thing's certain; nothings written. My old life--it was full of consequences. The danger was the fun part, but you can't out run that forever. You two need to remember that, so.....I'm giving you a case, Sherlock and (y/n). Actually might be the hardest case of your career, Sherlock. When I'm....gone--if I'm gone. I need you two to do something for me. Save John Watson. Save him, Sherlock and (y/n). Save him."

The next day, you were sitting on the edge of yours and Sherlock's bed, staring at the suitcase you packed, deciding whether if you wanted to leave or not. No, you weren't gonna leave Sherlock, you couldn't do that to him, you just feel like you need to get away from everything. You know it's not the best idea but you feel like you need to do this. You kept fiddling with your phone in your hands, debating whether to text Steven that you were coming back to the little cottage for awhile or not.

"You're thinking about leaving." Sherlock's voice said, making you jump.

"Geez, Sherlock, you scared me. I thought you were over at John's. Did you get to talk to him?" You asked.

Sherlock shakes his head and said. "Molly came out and told me that John said if either you or me came to ask about him, he would rather have anyone else than us." You sigh and bow your head.

"Why are you thinking about leaving?" Sherlock asked.

You raise your head a bit and said. "I'm not leaving you if you're wondering, I just feel like I need some time away from here. Just to clear my head." Sherlock glances at you as you take a few deep breaths. "I just....it's just....I feel guilty for what happend and I feel responsible for what happend to Mary. That bullet was intended for me and......I don't know." You said, shakily.

"Survivor's guilt. You're feeling guilty because you were the one who was suppose to die but somebody else sacrificed themselves instead." He said and you nod.

You look up at him and said. "I just need some time away from Baker Street and I'll come back, I promise." Sherlock nods and said. "I understand, even though I don't want you to leave I guess I see where you're coming from." You give a small smile and said. "Thank you, love."

"Are you going go to stay at your parents summer home?" Sherlock asked. Before you answered, you look up at him. "How did you know about that?" You asked.

"You went there after I....well, you know....anyway, when you left, I sorta followed you. I wanted to make sure you were okay and I saw you go into that house and I remember Mrs Hudson telling me about some house your parents used to rent out at one point, don't remember that conversation that much, course I wasn't really listening." He said and you chuckled at this. He stared at you a moment before he spoke.

"But on one condition." He said.

"What's that?" You asked.

He takes off his jacket and walks over to the bed and sits next to you then he leans in and kisses you. You kiss him back and wrap your arms around him and he places his hands on your hips. You pull back to catch your breath as you lean your forehead against his as he says. "I need you, (y/n). Right now." His voice was deep and velvety, just the way you like it, and it send a shiver down your spine.

You look him in the eyes and replied. "I'm yours." And he captures your lips in his as the two of you make out for a few moments. Then, slowly, he lays you down on the bed and begins to trail his lips up and down your neck and you let out a small moan. Soon the two of you began to remove each others clothing and both of you began to make love as if it would be the last time you guys would do this together.

The next day, you take your suitcase and start walking down the stairs, Sherlock walking behind you. As you get outside, Sherlock hails a cab for you and you put your case in the trunk of the car. You walk over to Sherlock and place your hand on his cheek and stroked it with your thumb. He leans in towards your touch as you go and kiss him.

"I love you, Sherlock." You said.

"I love you, too, (y/n)." said Sherlock.

You look up at him and said. "I'll be back, I promise." He nods as he leans in again to kiss you.

"Be careful." He said.

"I will." You replied and you slowly move away from him and get into the cab.

As the cab starts to drive away, Sherlock suddenly felt empty inside, like all his happiness was gone. He closes his eyes, fighting back the tears, and walks back into 221B, alone for the first time in ages.

Next: https://my.w.tt/Nrbr0pxSLY