Don't Let Your Fears Control You

"I'm scared Katy, I'm scared! Please wake up! Help me! I need you! I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you before, I do now. I promise!" Destiny sobbed, her back to Katy.

"Pinkie promise?" A familiar voice whispered. Destiny spun around so she was facing Katy.

"KATY!" She screamed thankfully before flinging herself at Katy. "I was so scared!" She sobbed and hid her pale face in Katy's raven-black hair. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you before. I'm sorry I was too scared at call an ambulance. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" She repeated over and over.

"Shhh shhh shhh, Destiny its okay. Everything's okay now. I'm fine, just got a little headache..." Katy soothed. "Hey I didn't know you're scared of hospitals. You were fine when you were there before."

"I didn't want my siblings to know. I'm the oldest, I don't get scared." Destiny explained, her voice muffled by Katy's hair.

"Don't let your fears control you," Katy advised. "If you do you can't win. You can only drown..." Destiny just clutched at Katy tighter, knowing that she was right.

"I called Angela... She said I should call an ambulance," Destiny told Katy.

"I'll call her later and tell her I'm okay," Katy said. Then the room went silent for a second. "I could hear you, you know. I heard you calling for me. It's what made me decide to wake up." Katy said quietly, breaking the silence.

"You mean....you could have stated unconscious if you wanted to?" Destiny asked.

"Mhm," Katy nodded.

"But you didn't...because of...me?" Destiny said slowly, trying to process the information.

"That's right. I told you Destiny, I'm not going anywhere. You're safe with me," Katy smiled. Destiny nodded shyly. "So, how about we talk about what's wrong now?"

"I don't want to talk about it..." Destiny sobbed.

"It might help," Katy persuaded. "Just, give talking a shot?"

"No," Destiny whined.

"Oh come here," Katy said and pulled Destiny closer into her chest. Then she stood up with Destiny still in her arms. "Ahh!" She cried as she fell back to the floor.

"Katy!" Destiny cried and scrambled quickly off of Katy. "Katy? Are you all right? Please get up!"

"I'm fine Baby," Katy said shakily. "Don't worry."

"Katy you're hurt! I'm...I'm calling an ambulance," Destiny whispered fearfully.

"But you're scared!" Katy said in astonishment.

"I'm more scared about you!" Destiny cried. "Anyway don't let your fears control you, right?" Katy's whole face lit up and she smiled weakly at Destiny.

"Right," she nodded.

The ambulance was there in less then ten minutes. Destiny told the paramedics exactly what had happened, even though she was absolutely terrified.

"You coming in the ambulance Kid?" One of the paramedics asked.

"I-I-I....I don't know," Destiny cried.

"Well you are related, aren't you?" He asked. Destiny looked at Katy's, who was watching her from inside the ambulance.

"She's my...my... She's my biological Mother," she whispered. The paramedic nodded.

"I'm you get then," he said and pushed Destiny inside. Katy held her hand weakly out to Destiny.

"Come here Baby, don't be afraid." She soothed. "I'm righy here." Destiny nodded silently and clung to Katy's hand tightly, needing the comfort and support Katy gave her.