III.

Present Day

"Lou, baby where did you put my new paintbrushes?" Harry called out from his studio in their house, smiling when he heard the soft footsteps of his husband coming into the room creating a creaking sound from the hardwood floors.

"I put them where you told me to put them," Louis spoke, Harry noticing he was frowning from how he spoke.

"But they aren't here." Harry turned around, giving his husband a pout.

Louis smirked as he had a feeling of who may have moved them. "You know I think I know who took them." He let out a loud whistle throughout the house and then the pitter patter of feet came running into the room. "Dolly, where did you put daddy's brushes?" He asked the german shepherd who just cocked her head to the side as if she understand what he was asking her, but she just wagged her tail and ran off only to return with the bag of brushes.

Dolly wasn't just a german shepherd, she was also Harry's service dog that his mother got him a few years ago after years and years of being denied. He got her just when she was a year old, the trainers said that she excelled quicker than most dogs, so it made her extra special.

Harry couldn't help but laugh when he felt the bag drop to his lap. "You just wanted to spend more time with daddy, didn't you?" He said as he scratched behind her ears. "How about daddy finishes his painting and then we go to the dog park?" Dolly's ears perked up, she always loved going there to run around.

Harry felt around her face and took in every detail that he could before he went to start painting a rough sketch of his dog. He just let his hands do the work and he had Louis tell him the colors to use, what to start with and what color to end with. It took him like an hour to finish and all he heard was a loud "Wow" from his husband who was watching from behind him with Dolly. "So it's good, then?"

"Good, Harry are you sure you're still blind?" Louis could never get over the fact of how much of a great painter he was, even though he couldn't even see anything. He did say that sometimes he can make out shadows, but that's only if he focuses and that makes his head hurt if he does.

"I can assure you that I am still in fact blind Louis," He said with a slight chuckle. He then went to the corner and signed his name, something Louis helped him do years ago, and then dated it.

"While we're out we should get a frame and hang that up in the living room right next to the portrait you painted of me when we first met." Louis still appreciates the painting that Harry had painted of him, but even though it didn't exactly look like him, the colors and what it meant was definitely him.

"Sounds like a plan. Let me wash up and then we can get going. Can you get Dolly ready please?"

"Of course baby, I'll meet you in the living room." Louis kissed the corner of his mouth before he got Dolly ready while Harry got changed and washed up.

Harry joined them in the living room and he grabbed a hold of Dolly's harness and they decided to walk the short distance to the dog park. Louis grabbed a few waters and a frisbee for them use for Dolly.

Louis walked with his arm around Harry for the extra guidance since it was unusually busy for a Monday afternoon, and just to be sure he wanted to help him more. They reached the dog park and they stopped at a hill where they took off the harness, but kept the seeing eye dog vest on her before they started to throw the frisbee. It was times like these that Harry wished he could see the what was happening right in front of him, he could hear the giggles coming from Louis' mouth, but he couldn't picture what he was laughing at. Sometimes he would try to explain it to him, but it just wasn't enough, he wanted to be able to view it himself. But, unless he can somehow get two new eyes then he wouldn't be seeing anytime soon. Doctors had told him there was a surgery that he could do, but there was a slim chance of it actually working and Harry didn't like those odds so he just never really looked more into it.