X.

so this is the end of this wonderful story, I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing this! thank you all for the support on this story. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So Harry, tell me what it's like to finally have some sort of seeing ability after all these years?" Liam asked, it being about a month after the surgery, and he was aching to finally hear about what was going on in his mind.

"Really great, the last time that I was able to see was years ago and I finally get to see everyone. Louis was the first person I saw since I lost my eyesight and he is more gorgeous that I could have imagined." Harry felt a hand slip in his and it being lifted against a mouth to leave a kiss against his knuckles, he turning to smile at his husband. Louis protested about wanting to join him, but Harry wanted him there seeing as it was his first appointment after the surgery and he finally wanted to be open to his husband more.

Liam smiled and let Harry continue. "I've met so many people who has been in my life for years and I've finally got to actually see them for who they are. It's exciting."

"I bet it is exciting, how was it getting used to the idea of you actually seeing?"

"Terrible, for the first week he would knock into things because he wasn't paying attention as he was looking around," Louis answered for him, making Harry blush.

"I'm sorry that I'm just as clumsy as I was when I couldn't see."

Louis shook his head. "It's fine, I just think that it's funny that you've banged into things more than when you couldn't see." Harry pouted at Louis, making Liam just chuckle.

"Now, how's the paintings coming along? Still loving it?"

Harry nodded. "I haven't really painted a lot of things, just finished up some that I started to do before the surgery, but I haven't really figured out what I actually want to paint. I'm sure it will come to me soon."

Liam nodded as he wrote down a few things, smiling at Harry. "Is there anything else that you want to talk about?"

Harry shook his head. "I don't think so, if something will come up I can just save it for next time or if it's big I can call you."

Liam smiled. "Of course, now I'll see you in a month otherwise, you two have a great rest of your day. And Harry, get some more sleep, you look like you're about to fall over."

Harry nodded. "I try." They bid their goodbyes as the three of them left the hospital to go to the cafe across the street to visit James.

"Hello friends!" James called out, smiling when Dolly wagged her tail at him and going crazy when he gave her a treat. "How's everyone? How's the eye Harry?" James smiled, he met Harry a few times since he got the painting and he knows a lot about their life because of Louis going there constantly to get his favorite coffee.

"We're good, the eye is good and still working. I think that it's still a bit weird but I'm getting used to it."

James nodded. "My partner and I finally found a surrogate, we're excited."

"Really! That's amazing news congrats," Louis smiled at him, feeling a pang of jealously that he wanted children with Harry, but he knew it wasn't a great time to ask the question.

"We meet with her next week and then we'll both be fertilizing her eggs, just not at the same time. We've talked to her about doing it twice so the babies would be related and she's okay with it."

"That's really great, so happy for you," Harry answered this time, placing a hand on the lower part of Louis' back when he felt him tense up. Harry knew that Louis wanted children, but they never really talked about it before, maybe it's about time.

James smiled. "Yes and I'll be giving you updates as she progresses."

"Good, good." Louis excused himself to the bathroom as Harry and James continued talking.

"So, what can I get for your guys?"

Harry listed off their orders and found a place to sit, Dolly sitting by his feet snoozing, smiling when Louis came to sit across from him. "You okay?"

Louis nodded, smiling a bit. "I'm okay, just a bit queasy, but I'm sure I just need some food and I'll be fine."

But he wasn't.

**

"Louis! I figured out what I wanted to paint," Harry called out while he was in his studio. They were getting ready to move into the new house, but he knew this place would be the last place that they would pack up. He smiled when he heard Louis' footsteps come in.

"Oh really, what is it?"

"You, I want to paint you."

Louis sniffled and went over to sit in Harry's lap. "You know you don't have to paint me."

"Why?"

"Because you've got the real thing right in front of you," Louis smiled, kissing his mouth quickly.

"I still want to paint you, show you off to the rest of the world how beautiful my husband is. Please?"

Louis sighed. "Fine, fine. Where do you want me?"

Harry smiled and he showed Louis where he wanted and how he wanted him posing. "I'm just going to sketch you first so you don't have to sit still for very long." It took him maybe a half hour, Louis getting a bit cramped but Harry kept telling him he's almost done. "Now, out I want this to be a surprise."

Louis pouted. "Meanie, but don't forget we're bringing the first round of things tomorrow so you better start packing up some of these things."

"I know, now go." Louis kissed him again, leaving to go put stuff in the car and then started on dinner. When he was finished he poked his head inside of the room. "Am I allowed to look now?"

Harry did a few more strokes with his paintbrush before he showed it to Louis, making him gasp. "Woah, that's so cool." It was Louis making one of his funny faces when he was getting bored and Harry made it look like he was popping out of the painting.

"This will be going into my art gallery once I put the sealant on it. I'm thinking of making an area of family members."

Louis smiled. "That's a great idea baby, come on wash up dinner is done."

Harry kissed Louis quickly as he went to the kitchen to wash his hands, but something caught his eyes on the table. "What?" He looked at two small baby booties on the table, turning back to Louis who was smiling. "No."

Louis just nodded. "We're having a baby, Harry."

And Harry didn't think that life could have gotten better, but when he saw his husband give birth to a beautiful baby, he knew everything was okay. He didn't care that the baby was blind, he just cared that they were able to create a special life just for the two of them. And yeah, they were going to be alright.