VII.

again i don't have knowlege on these things, i did do some research but most of it is just my imagination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm nervous baby, what if it doesn't work?" Harry frowned as he was laying in the hospital bed getting ready to go into the surgery. The doctor told him it should take an hour tops, but if they run into a road block could take up to three hours.

"If it works I'll be there and if it doesn't I'll be there." Louis kissed his forehead. "You wanted to try and we're here to try. I told you I wasn't leaving you and I won't be leaving you."

Harry let out a sigh, Dolly putting his front paws on the hospital bed and licked her owner's hand as she could sense his heart rate accelerate. Harry scratched behind her ears, her tail wagging quickly at the gesture. "I'm sorry. I know you keep telling me that but I'm just so nervous that it won't work this is the last resort for me to regain my sight."

"I've loved you all this time and you haven't been able to see, what makes you think I'd change my mind?"

Harry just shrugged. "I don't know. I'm being stupid aren't I?"

"No you're not being stupid, you can't help thinking that. Now just take a deep breath and calm down, everything will be okay."

Harry puckered his lips, wanting a kiss from his husband who obliged quickly. Dolly whined and licked at Louis' neck because he was slightly crushing her. Harry chuckled. "What did you want to give me a kiss too?"

Dolly just wagged her tail in response, moving closer to Harry. Louis helped her get the leverage to lick his face before he set her down to the ground.

"Mr. Styles, it's time to go to your surgery. And you two are welcome to stay in the room while they are conducting the surgery. If you need anything the nurses are happy to help." Nurse Jane started unhooking the IV's to put them on the portable stand and Harry managed to steal one more kiss from Louis before he left.

"Mommy! My vision is all spotty, I can't see out of the left side of my left eye," Ten-year-old Harry told his mom, this was a month after he started complaining of blurry vision. They had gave him eye drops that were helping somewhat, but it was still a struggle. He was in tears as he mom looked at him. "I don't want to lose my eyesight mommy!"

Alex frowned as she looked at Harry and immediately called the doctor who told them he had an opening in an hour and to bring him in quickly. Alex couldn't stand to see her son so upset and when the doctor told them that there was nothing he could do as the disorder was developing too fast. He had run tests but nothing was coming back that would make any case as to what was wrong. He ran a test for glaucoma, but it had insignificant results and it made the doctor confused.

He drained some of the build up in Harry's eyes to help and gave him some more eye drops. For once the doctor didn't know what to do next because the signs were there but he didn't know how to treat it at this stage without it failing.

The doctor had Harry count back from 100 as the anesthesiologist started to administer the medicine and then they started on the surgery. The doctor frowned as he found what he didn't want to find, he had to have a nurse tell Louis that they were going to be a bit longer than he thought.

Louis was nodding off with Dolly by his feet when the Nurse from before placed a hand on his shoulder. "Everything is okay but the doctor is going to be longer than expected. So I think you should go get some food in the meantime, there's a nice cafe across the street that is animal-friendly so you don't have to worry about Miss Dolly growing hungry too."

Louis smiled as he let out a yawn. "Of course, call me if you need anything I'll put my number on the whiteboard if anything."

She nodded. "Thank you, now go get some food." She patted Dolly on her head before she went back to the surgery room.

"Come on girl let's go get you some food." Louis left her harness but kept on her vest as he walked to the cafe. It was quiet and had a homey feel to it.

"Hello welcome to James Cafe, what can I get for you today?"

"I'll get an iced mocha latte with a turkey club sandwich. And what do you have for dogs?"

The man smiled as he looked at Dolly who sat by Louis' feet. "We have meals made specifically for dogs that don't have any added ingredients, more like a stew type thing. Is that okay?"

Louis smiled. "Of course, but no carrots she's allergic."

"Of course, anything else?"

"Yes one of your nondairy ice creams for her as well." The man told Louis the total and he gave him the card in his wallet.

"Harry Styles? You're his husband right?"

Louis smiled. "Yes I am and this is his lovely service dog."

"That's so cool, I absolutely love his paintings I've been wanting one to hang here in my shop but I can't afford it." Louis presumed that the man he was talking to happened to be James.

"Well, if I talk to my husband maybe we can do some sort of deal. Do you have a business card?" James nodded and handed him over one with a smile.

"Thank you so much, your food will be out in a bit. I'll throw in some of our signature coffee grounds for you, anything specific you like?"

"Do you have Hazelnut Vanilla?" Louis loved that flavor of coffee but he was never able to find it together, only by itself.

James nodded. "Of course, one of our best sellers." He disappeared in the back and came out with a bag. "Here you go."

"Thank you." Louis went over to the pickup area and grabbed everything that he ordered, grabbing a seat by the window, Dolly by his feet devouring the food that was set in front of her. Once she was done, he got the ice cream and she ate that quite quickly as well. He knew Harry hated spoiling her, but he didn't care because after what she's gone through she deserved it.

When he finished his food, he grabbed a hot tea for Harry for when he wakes up, and he told James he'd definitely come back many times again. Louis walked back to the hospital and only was alone for about ten minutes before Harry was wheeled back into the room.

"Louis the surgery went okay, but with what I found I'm not sure that it worked. We won't know until he heals which will be in six weeks. The nurse will help you with cleaning the eye and changing the bandages. He should be waking up in a little bit, but he must not try to open the eye under the bandage or it will become irritated, okay?"

Louis nodded and shook the doctor's hand. "Thank you so much."

"I'll be back later to make sure his vitals are okay. He'll probably be a little groggy when he wakes but it'll wear off after an hour." The doctor smiled and wrote down things on the file before he left to deal with other patients.

Dolly made a whimpering noise when she tried to nose at Harry's hand, but he wasn't reacting to her. "Dolly he's sleeping, down," He spoke sternly, she doing as she was told but laid by the bed until he would wake up.

Louis sighed as he looked at Harry all bandaged up and he wasn't paying attention that he woke up until he spoke to Louis.

"Can I get some water?" Louis poured some into a cup and helped him drink it slowly. "So any good news?"

"Well, I'm not sure if it's good news. He was able to do what he wanted but he ran into a problem so you were in surgery for two hours. You won't be able to find out if it worked until after the six weeks. No opening the eye as the bandage could irritate it."

Harry frowned but nodded. "Well, I tried that's all that matters."

Louis grabbed his hand and kissed his knuckles. "We just wait and hope it worked." And Louis really hoped it worked.